the fare will come down, RIGHT???

Travel discussion for St. John
pipanale

the fare will come down, RIGHT???

Post by pipanale »

EWR to STT for next July is hovering at just under $600 right now. Seriously Continental?

Kayak and Fare Compare tell me it should dive after the holidays. Does anyone have experience with that flight in the summer? I booked it once before for our pals in 2008 and they got it for $350 I think.

It was in the $300's early in the fall, but we hadn't nailed down the dates for the trip yet because I was still going down the Sky Miles rabbit hole for our tickets. If they have to pay that much or connect, I will officially fear for my life.

Pat me on the head and tell me it will be OK. Because it will, right?
piscesgirl0314

Post by piscesgirl0314 »

Might not...the last two times we flew out of Norfolk we paid over $700.00 for tickets. :shock:
pipanale

Post by pipanale »

Yea, but Norfolk and Newark are very different airports. We always go through ATL but have never had to pay for it (miles). I dread the next trip because there's no way I'll have accumulated enough Delta miles. RDU-STT is a rough fare to swallow.
Mango

Post by Mango »

Just booked JFK-STT for May. $325 r/t.
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

I hope they come down. I am going in July also. What time of year do they usually come down?
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
sailorgirl

Post by sailorgirl »

SJfromNJ wrote:Pip - I have found that EWR > STT NS is $600+ if you go Sat. - Sat., or Sun - Sun. If you go Sat. or Sun. - Tues. it is $345+. You have to do the math to find out if it is cost effective for you to stay the extra days. I usually extend the trip by using Starpoints at the Westin or finding low cost accomidations (Cruz Views) for a couple of nights. Even if it comes out close, it is worth the extra time in STJ. My guess is the more people you are buying tickets for, the more cost effective it becomes.
The only problem with this, Ive found that the airlines ofetn don't go 7 days a week to STT in the summer, so check that out as well..,. may be difficult to fly midweek.
pipanale

Post by pipanale »

The charts I've seen show a precipitous down-drop in late Jan/Feb. Like it can dip under $300...but that may only be mid-week stuff.

This is for our friends. The plan is Sat to Sunday. We're all staying on STT the last night at the Marriott...on my points.

I'm not going to start getting nervous until about March. And...they will not drive to JFK. At that point, they'd rather go to PHL from northern NJ and I know they don't want that.

Essentially, I need the EWR-STT non-stop to drop under $350 for Saturday the 24th to Sunday the 1st. Is that too much to ask? It is?

Or...they get to stop in beeee-you-tiful San Juan...which will catch me a severe beating when they land
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
pipanale

Post by pipanale »

How far are you from Parsippany? 'Cuz I'm sending them to kick your butt if that's not true. It's closer than Raleigh for sure. And, it won't be me getting my as kicked

I kid...

Mostly
Berlingirl

Post by Berlingirl »

I looked at inventory on my work system...and it's fairly booked already. It's a code share with United also and Uniteds system is much worse than Continentals. Booked same on the outbound as on the return. On the consumer systems it shows differently.
Shows more inventory available than there actually is. Lots of early birds for those dates already. Might want to look for less expensive connecting flights...good luck. :D

NO NAMES
1 AA1921Q 24JUL SA EWRMIA SS2 555A 900A/O $ J01 E
2 AA 775Q 24JUL SA MIASTT SS2 1215P 255P/X $ J01 E
3 DL 660T 01AUG SU STTATL SS2 130P 540P/O $ J02 E
4 DL2024T 01AUG SU ATLEWR SS2 940P 1153P/X $ J02 E
TKG FAX-NOT PRICED FARE TYPE EX
>4PLF
>4PLF(
* NONREF/CHG FEE APPLIES/NO VALUE AFTER FLT TIME
* PRICING RULES VALIDATING CARRIER DEFAULT AA
* ELECTRONIC TICKETING REQUIRED - CHECK SLS RULE
** 24JUL DEPARTURE DATE/ 12DEC IS LAST DATE TO TICKET