What does your forum name mean?

Travel discussion for St. John
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

CariBert wrote:Well Sea-nile, and Flip-flop, I wish I had as interesting a story as you, but, alas, CariBert is just a shortened form of Caribe-Robert.......which is too long a name for anything. So I am known as CaribBert....pronounced (Caribe)Bert......

Pretty boring, huh? Oh well, everything is interesting in the Caribbean...which is where I'll be in a couple of months!!

-Bert
I always assumed your name was Bert and you loved Carib beer!
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

Flip-Flop wrote:

That is exactly what I thought!
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

OMG!! I feel like we're "outing" ourselves here!

OK, here goes. Gromit (of the cartoon characters Wallace & Gromit) is my tri- colored corgis name. His older brother, a red and white Corgi, is Duffy. Yes, named after Duffy's Love Shack on STT.

We tried to find another STJ name for Gromit (before we named him Gromit) but just couldn't settle on anything that really fit him.

On the old board (years ago) I went by Duffy but then I stopped visiting for a while. Finally when I came back someone else was using Duffy, so I went with Gromit.

If anyone knows of the claymation cartoon, you know that Gromit is the one who's the dog but clearly has more sense than his owner ever will!
*Another fine scatterbrained production
parafins

user name....

Post by parafins »

I had to think a while about my user name.Then it came to me...I like to snorkel and I use 2 fins hum??Aha!! A pair of fins!!It sounds kinda waxy but i'll go for it! Now I might have to change my user name if Great Whites start hanging around S.T.J.Why do you ask?? Well if the shark would bite my leg off I would have to change it to oneafin! :shock: Ha,Ha!Have a good day!Parafins {Dan}
HELLO FROM MICHIGAN...
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

sea-nile wrote:Flip-Flop wrote:

That is exactly what I thought!
It would actually probably be more interesting/entertaining for forumites to GUESS what we think people's screen names mean vs. what they actually mean ;)
Jerseyboy

Post by Jerseyboy »

Born in New Jersey, live in New Jersey, love New Jersey.
LandLockedBeachLover

Post by LandLockedBeachLover »

Cuz I live in St. Louis, MO (Go Cards)! And any ocean is at least 12 hours away :( not to mention a 6 hour plane ride(s) to the best beaches that I love!
mfaughey

Post by mfaughey »

Name/Initial backwards....
CariBert

Post by CariBert »

Flip-Flop and Sea-nile, you are both correct on all counts......In fact, I have 1 (one) Carib beer left from our last trip, and I am bound to make it last until we get back there in June! I cannot find any place in the Dallas area that sells Carib beer, so I am forced to bring it back with me. It will be quite the challenge this time since the ban on carry on liquid thing.

But guessing the story behind the screen names sounds like it would be kind of fun.....

-Bert
The liver is evil, it must be punished!

cat

Post by cat »

Cat is my nicname for Catherine. It started out as just being shorter to write but now a lot of people call me that since it is what I sign all the time.
ScubaGirl

Post by ScubaGirl »

My name came from one of our first trips where we actually went diving. I was lucky enough to have my scuba instructor with us on the boat, after having already done my checkout dives, and I was always the first person down, last person up, and last one out of the water, so he kindly referred to me as ScubaGirl. I always say I could live under the water if possible.

Having a real name like Sydney, it was nice to actually get a nic name I actually liked.
nascarfan59

Post by nascarfan59 »

Avatar says it all except the 59 is my birth year.

God is great, beer is good, people are crazy.
kellyanna

Post by kellyanna »

I wear this cowboy hat in the summer at the lake. Wontongirl and her husband call me Kellyanna as if I'm Kenny Chesney's sister. It just sounds country. We don't know if Kenny has a sister or not.
Eric in NJ

Post by Eric in NJ »

I'm even more self-involved than RickG because I use my name AND where I'm from :D
Eric in NJ

You never know where you're going till you get there.
Tracy in WI

Post by Tracy in WI »

Eric - I'm right there with you. Pretty creative aren't we??
Tracy, Seaside Properties at Grande Bay