Three most favorite things to do on Saint John

Travel discussion for St. John
Captain Jack

Three most favorite things to do on Saint John

Post by Captain Jack »

The time is getting nearer (12 days)until our arrival on STJ. Still recovering from surgery, so can't snorkel,dive or go on agressive hikes so....... I asked my girlfriend, what can we do different this time that we haven't done during our 6 visits before. So, what are some readers favorite things to do apart from enjoying the beauty and being at peace?
Fair winds and following seas,
Captain Jack
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

visit Sloop Jones out on the East End if you haven't been there.
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

1. If you are a morning person, sit in the park early in the morning in Cruz Bay and watch the town wake up.

2. Sit outside at Island Blues and have lunch

3. Hike to Salomon Beach from Honeymoon
Captain Jack

Post by Captain Jack »

How is that hike to Salomon from Honeymoon? That was one thing on the list
tipsy

Re: Three most favorite things to do on Saint John

Post by tipsy »

Captain Jack wrote:The time is getting nearer (12 days)until our arrival on STJ. Still recovering from surgery, so can't snorkel,dive or go on agressive hikes so....... I asked my girlfriend, what can we do different this time that we haven't done during our 6 visits before. So, what are some readers favorite things to do apart from enjoying the beauty and being at peace?
Fair winds and following seas,
Captain Jack

Am a newbie to STJ so can't help w/suggestions but wanted to say that am glad you are healing so well and will be able to go on your trip. Even if just "limin" on your deck and watching the world go by w/an icy cold drink in hand.
No ticker anymore. Next vac will prob. be the Fl Keys.
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

Captain Jack wrote:How is that hike to Salomon from Honeymoon? That was one thing on the list
From Caneel, it is not bad at all; pretty flat. However, recent posts say that they now charge to park in the lot.
janet
djmom

Post by djmom »

Here are some things we haven't done until recently.

Cinnamon Bay ruins- very pretty views, then go to Francis Beach.

Vies beach for beach and lunch-

We have visited about as many times as you , maybe a few more. This last time we greatly enjoyed a book in the villa about local plants/trees/fruits. Had a lot of fun trying to figure out what everything was.

Go to the market near the ferry and try out some REAL local stuff...the stuff you might have been afraid to try a few years ago.
"Sponges grow in the ocean...I wonder how much deeper it would be if that didn't happen."
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

My most favorite thing to do is:

Wake up
Grab Coffee
Grab Book
READ
Swim in villa pool
Snack
READ
Lunch
READ
Cocktail
READ
Swim
Cocktail and Snack
READ
Cocktail
Finish Book
Dinner

Villa gravity at it's best
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Captain Jack wrote:How is that hike to Salomon from Honeymoon? That was one thing on the list
We parked at Caneel - I still don't think I'd mind paying $10 to park, I hear you get it back if you buy something, and I can always use a rum drink!
The hike was pretty easy, but a little "buggy" so be sure to spray yourself down with OFF. Here's a picture of the trail, and this is as bad as it got. :D

ifloat

Post by ifloat »

You say no snorkeling, can you swim or lay on a float? I got myself one of those mesh chairs that you insert a swim noodle into but I never got around to buying the noodle. That could be relaxing, unless youre supposed to stay out of the water, period.
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

1. Hanging out in the villa pool (or hot tub), after a day of beach, sun, and snorkeling, with a drink in hand, watching the sunset, and taking it all in.

2. First full day of vacation....first jump in the water...at any north shore beach that is calm and clear.

3. Lunch at Shipwreck after a morning at the beach.

CG....I don't think 10. is too much to pay to park at Caneel, even if I don't buy a rum drink, which I always do. :D (Can you still buy a rum drink at Caneel for 10.??)
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

Post by Pete (Mr. Marcia) »

Xislandgirl wrote:My most favorite thing to do is:

Wake up
Grab Coffee
Grab Book
READ
Swim in villa pool
Snack
READ
Lunch
READ
Cocktail
READ
Swim
Cocktail and Snack
READ
Cocktail
Finish Book
Dinner

Villa gravity at it's best

Couldn't have said it better. Rinse and repeat for two weeks and I'll call that just about damn perfect. (Except the cocktail part needs to be moved to before lunch)
Wisconsin, smell the dairy air
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

Couldn't have said it better. Rinse and repeat for two weeks and I'll call that just about damn perfect. (Except the cocktail part needs to be moved to before lunch)
Well, I do put Rum Cream in the coffee. Does that count?
NCSue

Post by NCSue »

Wow - not sure I can list just 3! We go about every 2 years with my brother, his wife, their two kids (now 20 and 16) and my hubby, ME, and our two kids (now 22 and 18). So by far the BEST thing is getting to spend time with all those people who are my favorite people on earth.

1) Hitting a beach all day and then the Beach Bar for tuna down now and frosty beverages!

2) Boat trip to the BVIs

3) Salt Pond - the walk back up the hill is so worth it.

We're going next summer to celebrate my kids' graduations - one from college and one from high school. We have a goal to do the Ram Head trail hike! Even after all these trips - we're still adding new stuff. And I've NEVER eaten at Vie's!
Captain Jack

Post by Captain Jack »

thanks for the picture of the trail, I can navigate that one