Out of the shadows

Travel discussion for St. John
Captain Jack

Out of the shadows

Post by Captain Jack »

Hello,

After months of lurking on the forum, I have finally decided to step out of the shadows, join the forum and get some advice. My lady and I are planning a trip to STJ and are trying to narrow down our villa list. So far, the top 3 are:

Miles Away
Time Out Villa
Serenity Villa

Would appreciate any input in to these villas.
b-as-u-r

Post by b-as-u-r »

Welcome to the forum. I've not stayed any of the three villas that you're interested in but wanted to welcome you. I'm sure someone will have some input for you. Ali~
STJ - I "get it"
baseball0717

Post by baseball0717 »

WELCOME ,I MYSELF HAVE NOT STAYED THERE EITHER .I AM SURE YOU WILL HAVE PLENTY OF INFO IN A SHORT AMOUNT OF TIME.
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Post by Marcia (Mrs. Pete) »

I have no specific information to offer on these villas as well, but hang tight. The forum tends to be a little slow on the weekends...

Is this your first visit to STJ? Do you have any other questions?

This is the best place for information.
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Missing St. John. As always.
jaytee

Post by jaytee »

Welcome to the forum! I have not stayed at any of the villa's that you listed but have heard great things about all 3.
Captain Jack

Post by Captain Jack »

This will be our 5th trip and our 2nd stay at a villa. I have read a lot of good reviews on Miles Away, but I was hoping somebody had some input on Serenity and Time out. Thanks for your help.
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Welcome to the forum, Captain Jack! Maybe if you start another post with the villa names in the subject line, it might grab someone's eye who's stayed at them! Good Luck! I KNOW you'll get the answers you need soon! :D
nancyr84

Time out

Post by nancyr84 »

We stayed at Time Out Villa on our first trip to St John in 2005. Its a charming villa and honestly was the best stocked of any that we have stayed at. It however did not have the kind of view that we came to love. You looked down on construction and that kind of turned me off a bit. That being said it was a really cute place , but Miles away would be my choice.
Nancy
Pianogrl

Post by Pianogrl »

We have stayed at Time Out Villa twice; once in 2008 & again in May 2009. We did not see any construction except way to the left & heard nothing the entire time. The view was beautiful: looks out over Chocolate Hole straight out to the ocean....beautiful sunsets with views of St Thomas also.
The villa is very comfortable; like coming home. Completely stocked with everything you could ever want. Both bedrooms have plenty of room, closet space, slider doors leading out to the deck. They have added a "sunbrella" covering over part of the deck but the pool is still in the sun...yea!
Both have equal bathrooms & there is also an outdoor shower (enclosed) on the deck.
PM me with any questions you might have I could answer for you. (We'll be back on STJ next week.)
We loved Time Out & would stay there again
Pianogrl

Post by Pianogrl »

Also: "joe pagan" on the Forum has stayed at Miles Away & they could give you great info on that villa. Hopefully he'll see this & chime in on that response or you could PM him.
Rachelle & Joe

out of the shadows

Post by Rachelle & Joe »

Hi there, Yes we have stayed at Beautiful Miles Away & are booked again for next spring 8) The villa is well appointed & cared for by the owners, we love the area & can't wait to return ! If you have any further questions, please let us know.