Best shared boat charters to the BVI's from St. John

Travel discussion for St. John
szorba

Best shared boat charters to the BVI's from St. John

Post by szorba »

We will be in St. John next week!! What are the best shared boat charters from St. John the the BVI's as far as full day sails. We would like to hit the Baths, Soggy Dollar Bar, Jost Van Dyke...
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

We'll be there at the same time :D. I don't have an answer to your question, but I'll bump it back up to the top!
bubblybrenda

Post by bubblybrenda »

Because of recommendations on this board, I reserved with Capt'n Phil's Wayward Sailor and booked a trip to Jost for a day trip. Shared his boat with a couple and their two teenagers.

The Capt'n and his crew gave us a guided walking tour of the area around Foxy's. I really enjoyed that part of the trip and learned a lot about the history and vegetation.
~Brenda~
baseball0717

Post by baseball0717 »

MY FAMILY AND I WENT WITH NEW HORIZONS LAST YEAR.WE HAD A GREAT TIME .WENT TO THE BATHS , MARINA CAY FOR
LUNCH AND ALSO TO JOST AND THE SOGGY DOLLAR.LOTS OF FUN ON THE BOAT AND GREAT SNORKEL.
tralei714

Post by tralei714 »

I would say Palm tree charters. We planned our own day, great price, fun captain. He also video tapes the day for you..for free.
hoosierdaddy

Post by hoosierdaddy »

I have only been out with one charter and we loved it. We went with Lion in Da Sun. Josh was super nice and took us where ever we wanted to go. We went to the Baths and he gave us a tour. We went into some of the rock formations that I don't think everyone gets to see. He was very informative and professional. He was also alot of fun. We also ate lunch at the Willy T, snorkeled the Caves at Norman and snorkeled at Booby rock. When we go back we plan on using Lion in Da Sun again. I resently saw a trip report were Josh climed a palm tree and picked a coconut for his passengers. You can also look at my trip report.
http://www.virgin-islands-on-line.com/f ... sc&start=0
bchbum82

Post by bchbum82 »

If anyone is looking to share a Jost trip let me know. Wife and I were planning on just taking the ferry but if there is someone who wants to share let me know.