Need a 2 bedroom St John villa-good, safe location

Travel discussion for St. John
evepaone

Need a 2 bedroom St John villa-good, safe location

Post by evepaone »

We are planning our 1st trip to St John in April 2010. We want something that's clean, nice, and safe. Kind of nervous renting a house since we've never been before. We want 2 bedrooms and a pool.

Thanks in advance!
msgcolleen

Post by msgcolleen »

Do you have a budget range? Is A/C a must? Close to town or quiet and secluded? Sunset views?

Any extra info could help us steer you in the right direction~ :wink:
I've got 2 tickets to paradise~Pack your bags we'll leave tonight!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

All adults, or are there kids, too?
Nancy_B

Post by Nancy_B »

Welcome to the forum!

Try:

Perelandra
Bongo Bongo
Reef Madness
I've stayed at all three and if you have questions, I'm happy to answer. Questions posted above will help all direct you better.

Happy hunting!
NancyB
evepaone

Thanks everyone!

Post by evepaone »

It is for 2 couples so no kids. We are looking to pay around $3500. We do want AC and would like to be somewhat close to Cruz Bay. I don't care if it's secluded or not, just as long as it's clean and safe.
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

We stayed at Calypso del Sol in May and really enjoyed it. I put a review and pictures under the review section. Also happy to answer any questions.

www.calypsodelsol.com

the owner is great to work with.
Pia

Post by Pia »

Realtor - St John Properties
loria

Post by loria »

Bo Atabey--really lovely place--and really nice folks own it.
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
Knolmom

Post by Knolmom »

We are looking at 2BR's also for a summer 2010 viisit. Seastone and Sopra Mare, through Vivacationsare on our short list.
Iluvstjohn

Post by Iluvstjohn »

Bay House in Coral Bay was GREAT.....great views...quiet...nice pool..GREAT DECK....bedrooms had a/c....not too far from cruz bay...but closer to north shore beaches.......
pipergal

Post by pipergal »

Miles Away in Point Rendevous would be PERFECT for two couples! One bedroom has access from the kitchen and the exterrior and the other identical bedroom is accessed from the deck area. It was IMMACULATE, and there is an alarm system that you can set when you leave and while you are are sleeping. Under 10 mins from Cruz Bay. Enjoy!
Pipergal
darkanddietwithlime

Post by darkanddietwithlime »

Check out Century Hill Estates

www.centuryhillestates.com

More of an apartment than a villa. There are two buildings each with 4 condos. The owners live on site in one of the condos. Views of St. St. Thomas. Two pools. We found them last year and will be staying there in Feb-March, 2010.

Good luck! and Have fun!
tjwgrr

Post by tjwgrr »

Ditto on Miles Away- ADT alarm system that I can attest really works- I accidentally set it off and quickly reset it. ADT called the villa within a minute or so to ask if everything was alright.

And... Miles Away is a great villa too!!
tipsy

Re: Need a 2 bedroom St John villa-good, safe location

Post by tipsy »

evepaone wrote:We are planning our 1st trip to St John in April 2010. We want something that's clean, nice, and safe. Kind of nervous renting a house since we've never been before. We want 2 bedrooms and a pool.

Thanks in advance!
Hi, we're going for 1st time in April also, what dates are you looking at. We found our villa/cottage on vrbo.com if that will help. It can be mind boggling but be patient and you will find the one right for all of you.

The people here are fabulous and will help you in all ways ! We have gotten such great help & advice from them all. They are making our trip so much easier and we give them many many kudos for all the hard work they do to stay on top of all the postings.
:)
No ticker anymore. Next vac will prob. be the Fl Keys.
LysaC

Post by LysaC »

thank you all for helping eve! seriously- you guys rock!