Great Expectations villa

Travel discussion for St. John
NCSue

Great Expectations villa

Post by NCSue »

Has anyone stayed at Great Expectations lately? We have a group of 10-12 going next summer - finding a villa for all of is a little difficult. This looks like it has everything!! Thanks! :D
SaraPosh

Post by SaraPosh »

No answers for you, but we are staying there in November for a family wedding with all of my inlaws (group of 13 or so, renting main villa as well as the owners cottage) and I am anxious to hear opinions. :O)
stevebutcher

GreatExpectationsUSVI.com

Post by stevebutcher »

I have to say, my wife and i got engaged 7 years ago and were torn as to whether to get married in Vermont or St John. We flew down to St John and stayed at the Westin, then drove over to Great Expectations to meet the owners (Chuck & Kristin). We loved the place and decided to stop looking. The next year we had 38 guests attend the wedding and our whole wedding party stayed at GE (13 of us). We got married (on Gibney Beach) and the the consensus from ALL guests were "best wedding ever, best vacation and coolest place to stay".

We loved it so much, we went back alone for 5th anniversary (stayed at Beau Geste house). We couldn't afford it until then :)

The place is on top of a hill and the sliding glass doors open on both east and west sides of all the rooms - the cool breezes blow through and just sitting with your legs dangling in the pool is some kind of peacefullness.

The rooms are well setup and the outdoor showers are private, yet amazingly 'caribbean' in feel with the open air at neck height. For the wedding party, we used the great room for shared breakfasts in the morning and a few dinners or late night game/dominoes.

I am sure this sounds tainted (we have been there 3 times), but i cannot say enough about it. We have stayed at the Westin, the Inn at St John, another villa and the cinnamon bay campgrounds: Great Expectation takes the cake.

Oh, my wife and I and her brother/sister-in-law are going to stay at Beau Geste in April 2010. If you want other reviews, you can search on Trip Advisor for 'great expectations usvi' - http://www.tripadvisor.com/VacationRent ... lands.html
NCSue

Post by NCSue »

JUST the review I was looking for. I guess I was kind of looking at it as "really too good to be true?" Because it just looks perfect for all of us! I'm hoping my daughter gets engaged there next summer and we could use it for the wedding as well. Perfect!!!!!! :lol:
martini girl

Post by martini girl »

We stayed there in 2007 and have booked it again for November. It's a great place...absolutely love the garden showers. Views are lovely. The set-up of the Great Room pod and the bedroom pods ensure privacy. We liked the location too; close to Cruz Bay. All in all a great villa, no worries!
Wakey

Post by Wakey »