Cruz Views-Location?

Travel discussion for St. John
SunnySal

Cruz Views-Location?

Post by SunnySal »

Hi,
Can anyone tell me the location of Cruz Views? From previous posts I know it must be a difficut walk up, but could you walk down into town?
I believe there is magic here...
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Scott in BHM

Post by Scott in BHM »

Easy walk to town from CV (less than 5 min). The walk back up is doable but you will break a sweat. You can always get a cab back up for $3-4. Overall, a great location now that construction noise is no longer a problem.
cptnkirk

Post by cptnkirk »

As long as you are in ok shape you can walk it. I would do it everytime but the honey refuses the up stretch. Here's a trick zig zag diagonally on the road, cuts the grade in half takes a litle longer but not near as hard this way. Very little traffic on that road. Learned this watching the workers go up a steep hill at the constuction site over at the development across from Cruz Views.
SunnySal

Post by SunnySal »

Thanks for all the help. We have been to St John many times, but just could not picture were Cruz Views was. Looks like a "budget" trip in November!!!! I am so excited I can't breathe.
Pianogrl

Post by Pianogrl »

SunnySal.....we're just as excited too! We'll be at Cruz Views first week in November; never stayed here (have always stayed in a villa) but can't wait to get there!!! This is our "budget trip" too!
brenda

Post by brenda »

Budget trip is a good thing as long as we all end up on STJ :D .
Going "home" again October 26th!
SunnySal

Post by SunnySal »

Pianogirl:

We always stay at villas too, or Gallows. Would you let me know when you get back what your opinion of Cruz Views is? What unit are you staying in? Based on info from this forum it certainly sounds great for the price.
Pianogrl

Post by Pianogrl »

SunnySal wrote:Pianogirl:

We always stay at villas too, or Gallows. Would you let me know when you get back what your opinion of Cruz Views is? What unit are you staying in? Based on info from this forum it certainly sounds great for the price.
I sure will...we're staying in Unit #7...when are you going? For this trip it sounds like it's gonna be just the right fit for us.
mdcoles1

cruz views-1st wk November

Post by mdcoles1 »

Looks like we could have our on forum gathering right a cruz views. hubby and I will be there 1st week of November as well.
tjwgrr

Post by tjwgrr »

We stayed in Unit 10 a number of years ago. Unit was newly remodeled at that time - very nice- had a great vacation.

The cross-hairs in this satellite image are over the pool at Cruz Views:

http://www.flashearth.com/?lat=18.33053 ... =0&src=msl
Pianogrl

Re: cruz views-1st wk November

Post by Pianogrl »

mdcoles1 wrote:Looks like we could have our on forum gathering right a cruz views. hubby and I will be there 1st week of November as well.
mdcoles1....that's cool. Looking forward to Cruz Views for this trip..heard so many great things about these condos.
Steve S

Post by Steve S »

RickG

Post by RickG »

We've stayed there a number of times over the years, most recently in March in Unit #9 - last minute was $125 per night + the CV 13%. That's a pretty darn good deal. Cab up the hill is $4, and Sweet Christine would emasculate me if I made her walk up.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
SunnySal

Post by SunnySal »

We are going Thanksgiving week. Looks like we'll miss a gathering.Thanks again for all the responses! We are going to rent a car, but because we're not getting to CB until after 7pm I don't want to pay for a whole day's rental for basically a couple of hours, SO we are going to walk DOWN the hill the next morning to get the car.