September Weather on St. John, USVI

Travel discussion for St. John
equinox

September Weather on St. John, USVI

Post by equinox »

We have a chance to get away for a few days in the middle of September. Would you worry about Hurricanes at that time of year?
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

I would book the trip with trip insurance and go!

September is an active time for storms in the tropics so it is always a possibility and because it is off season, you may find some restaurants and stores closed, but the island will be quiet and not crawded, I would do it if I could. I would just be sure to buy trip insurance.
If you look to your left, there is a link to CSA travel protection. They are a very good company.
MrB

Post by MrB »

Remember September, October all over.
John LMBZ06

Post by John LMBZ06 »

The water and weather are perfect this time of year (as long as there is not a storm). I have been there in September and am planning a trip this year in early October. No crowds. No waiting. No kids. Just check out the listing of restaurants that are closed before you go and relax.
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

We're crossing our fingers and heading down in a few weeks. Trip insurance....check. Can't wait! Other than the locals, it looks like we'll be the only forumites there.
benchill

Post by benchill »

Hey Minde,

When will you be there. We will be there Sept 5 - 12.
Ben and Lynn
PSUWethr

Post by PSUWethr »

We will be down as well (Sept. 9 to 14) and am looking forward to the weather.(baring any hurricanes). After our bummer trip in May (lots of rain and mosquitos), I can't wait to have drier weather, less people. I agree, book the trip!!!!
mit43

Post by mit43 »

We'll be there in September also. We will be on STJ on the 9th-16th after a few days on VG. Keeping an eye on the coast of Africa! We never had any close calls until last year when we decided to go to Nassau in September.
Tim
Just Another Day in Paradise!!!
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

benchill wrote:Hey Minde,

When will you be there. We will be there Sept 5 - 12.
We'll be there the 19th through the 27th! So far, it looks like we won't get to meet any forumites (OK maybe Ruth will be at her shop if we get lucky!) this trip either. We've fallen in love with St. John, though, so there will definitely be more trips in the future :D . It would be neat to meet some of the folks from the forum!
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

PSUWethr wrote:We will be down as well (Sept. 9 to 14) and am looking forward to the weather.(baring any hurricanes). After our bummer trip in May (lots of rain and mosquitos), I can't wait to have drier weather, less people. I agree, book the trip!!!!
Oh gosh, we were there during the week of rain, in May. Our first time! We loved it anyway, and have been looking forward to our next trip ever since!
cptnkirk

Post by cptnkirk »

Just keep your fingers crossed and hope for no darn hurricanes, chances are way better there won't be one while on island but it is the start of peak hurricane season. That said we will be on island 13th thu 21 of Sept, it didn't stop us from heading down.

mindehankins you must have been there the week before us, we were there in May after the rains and got skeeters in biblical proportions :shock:
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

Get your insurance, have a great vacation, and enjoy the perfect weather, with no crowd. I love Sept......the water is perfect, the crowds are not there, parking is a breeze, and you will love it. Go and enjoy that great time of year!!
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

cptnkirk wrote:Just keep your fingers crossed and hope for no darn hurricanes, chances are way better there won't be one while on island but it is the start of peak hurricane season. That said we will be on island 13th thu 21 of Sept, it didn't stop us from heading down.

mindehankins you must have been there the week before us, we were there in May after the rains and got skeeters in biblical proportions :shock:
Yes, we were there for the rain that started it all :roll: . We're due for some sunshine, this trip!