Clothing Optional Villa for 2 on St. John

Travel discussion for St. John
equinox

Clothing Optional Villa for 2 on St. John

Post by equinox »

We are planning a trip for a second honeymoon. We are considering Mooncottage and Perelandra. Most of these villas seem pretty private. Is clothing optional pretty safe at most of these places?
bevm

Post by bevm »

I would depend more on past guest experiences than the rental agency. We thought we rented a clothing optional villa and the house above ours looked right down in to the pool area. We were told it was private.
hoosierdaddy

Post by hoosierdaddy »

I think most are clothing optional on the interior.
MrB

Post by MrB »

Also, be aware that although we talk a lot about clothing optional and other things that we do on island, STJ is a fairly conservative destination, and talking to the wrong villa company or villa owners about it may not be the right thing to do. I think you are pretty safe discussing it here, however.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
MrB

Post by MrB »

SJfromNJ wrote:Years ago, I saw some pretty nice telescopes in some of the houses I stayed in on STJ. If someone wants to look, they can.
I have video from my 200x digital zoom camcorder of SOTB II from last year if anyone wants to buy it ;)
sapphirecat

Post by sapphirecat »

I'm sure people who want to get all-over tans while in STJ can do so, no probs, if they use common sense in finding a private tanning spot to stretch out in.

equinox, do you want to be nude all day? I really don't think that kind of privacy can be guaranteed, unless you stay indoors and maybe tanning on your patio.

Cat
Chet

Post by Chet »

bevm wrote:I would depend more on past guest experiences than the rental agency. We thought we rented a clothing optional villa and the house above ours looked right down in to the pool area. We were told it was private.
Let me know when you go back to Pink Horses. We'll get Island Dreams the same week :shock: :shock: ... :roll:
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

[/url]
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Post by Marcia (Mrs. Pete) »

I would say that Daffodil and Unicorn and Sea Turtle are pretty much clothing optional. However, people with telescopes and/or binoculars could spy on you.
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Missing St. John. As always.
equinox

Post by equinox »

We would be discrete. Maybe sunbathing or a moonlight skinny dip. People spying wouldn't see anything they haven't seen before. Kind of a lame way to get your jollies.
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

The only place I can think of that that we've rented that seemed fairly private on the pool deck was La Mer. There was one house up the hill but it was angled in the opposite direction, and there was a railing/fence that faced the valley where the other homes were. I think you just have to assume that people can see you when you are outside. Whether that matters to you or not is your call.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
equinox

Post by equinox »

To change the subject, are the rental fees for the villas generally open to negotiation?
chicagoans

Post by chicagoans »

equinox: friends of mine stayed here and said it was very private: www.papayamoon.net/

There is a map link on their web site and if you select the satellite view, you can see that it's secluded at the end of a road. Don't know about other villas that might be at higher elevations, though.
Diana2

Post by Diana2 »

I can think of several houses that we've stayed in that are clothing optional. Summer Wind, Cinnamon Stones, Cinnamon Tarn (no pool), Bordeaux Breeze, Casa Bueno, Drake's View, Sunnyledge (no pool) are some that come to mind.
equinox

Post by equinox »

Diana2 wrote:I can think of several houses that we've stayed in that are clothing optional. Summer Wind, Cinnamon Stones, Cinnamon Tarn (no pool), Bordeaux Breeze, Casa Bueno, Drake's View, Sunnyledge (no pool) are some that come to mind.
How was Summer Wind?