SusanNJ

An Interesting New Fragrance

Post by SusanNJ »

My sister is very into make-up, etc. and came across this new fragrance:

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catal ... rod4034001
8&parentId=cat000449&masterId=cat13070765&index=0&cmCat=cat000000cat0002
85cat10420741cat10470744cat10470746cat13070765cat000449>

(Virgin Island Water Eau de Parfum)

It does seem a bit pricey, but now I am curious to find out how it smells!
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

I can't speak for this fragrance, but I will say that Bobbi Brown's "Beach" is the best smelling perfume I have ever found. I don't typically like the majority of perfumes. They either give me a headache or just make me sneeze, but I LOVE this one. It smells just like a day at the beach. A mix of ocean saltwater, coconut, and the breeze. How they made it I have no idea but it is amazing!
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

I saw this in NM's "The Book" and sought it out specifically on my last visit to NM.

Creed specializes in unisex fragrances. LOTS of coconut smell in this fragrance. I wasn't that impressed. I definitely do not think that a man would wear this. It was a bit too feminine. Of course, fragrance is a very personal thing and it smells differently on different people.

But personally, I didn't care for it at all.
*Another fine scatterbrained production
Jerseyboy

Post by Jerseyboy »

flip-flop wrote:I will say that Bobbi Brown's "Beach" is the best smelling perfume I have ever found.
I thought Kramer invented the "Beach" perfume/cologne. :lol: Seriously, where can you buy this one from Bobbi Brown? Thinking about getting it for my wife.
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

You can order it online from Nordstrom or find it in any nordstrom store or at gloss.com (usually free shipping). Its not cheap but you will score big points with your wife I guarantee it!

I repeat, I don't like most perfume, but this one is just yummy. She also carries a lotion, suntain spray, and a few other options. The body oil is AMAZING too. Esp. this time of year she often has special sets out in the stores.

Just about any higher end department store will have it - not Macy's - think Neiman Marcus (Needless Markup), Nordstrom, etc.

See http://www.bobbibrowncosmetics.com/temp ... sults.tmpl do your search on Beach and you'll see all the options.
Jerseyboy

Post by Jerseyboy »

flip-flop wrote:Just about any higher end department store will have it - not Macy's - think Neiman Marcus (Needless Markup), Nordstrom, etc.
:lol: Thanks, Flip Flop. I just get tired of her perfume sometimes. She hasn't changed since before we were married.

Also for the ladies, the perfume in downtown Charlotte Amalie is usually cheaper than in the States. I know because my wife stocks up when we go shopping. But know your prices before you go.

P.S. I always think there's something about U2 when I see your signature (i.e. Bono).
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

[quote="Jerseyboy
P.S. I always think there's something about U2 when I see your signature (i.e. Bono).[/quote]

HA. Me too. It always catches my eye at the last moment.
RickG

Post by RickG »

I find a little bit of Trinidad Charlie's behind the ears gives a nice aroma.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
SusanNJ

Post by SusanNJ »

I have a perfume worth checking and its nice (but more floral smelling then coconut, etc.) is Island perfume by Michael Kors. Still may have to check out "beach".