Just How Many Virginians are on this forum?

Travel discussion for St. John
DCphoto

Post by DCphoto »

We live in Manassas, VA not far from Broad Run. I lived here all my life and work in Washington, DC as a photographer. This will be our third trip to St. John this year in Dec. We bought a Westin Timeshare last visit. Can't wait to return.
VaGirl

Post by VaGirl »

suzi wrote:Well, I have deep "connections" to Va. Me too, VAGIRL, jmu????
The one and only...of course is was Madison College then, just beginning to make the changes to becoming a University...sure am showing my age :lol:
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

Thanks, Jorge. I love you, really I do. My sarcasm just sometimes gets a little lost when you don't see the smirk on my face to go with it :)
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

I hope I am not in trouble. I have pm'd you!

Flip
Jo Ann - VA

Post by Jo Ann - VA »

I'm a Virginia girl. I was born in Bedford and have lived within 8 miles of the street I grew up my whole life except the short time I was at college.

Bedford is located in central Viriginia. We live 6 miles from the Blue Ridge Parkway. Here is a picture from my kitchen and family room.
Jo Ann
Hubby just snapped this picture while I was typing this!
Jo Ann
Always planning the next vacation...
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

Gromit Here! I've been living in NoVA (Burke- Fairfax Co.) since the early 80's. Went to HS here and graduated from George Mason University-- Go Patriots!

A couple of years ago we bought about 5 acres in Warren County smack dab between (yes I said smack dab) Front ROyal and Strasburg. At some point we plan to build a second home to escape to. There's too many people in NoVA.

Anyway, hubby (affectionaltely known by strangers as Tony Stewart- I'm not kidding, he's a dead ringer -- he gets stopped in airports all the time!) and I would be delighted to partake in any get togethers in VA or STJ.

Just let me knwo when and where and I'll bring the rum!
*Another fine scatterbrained production
AquaGirl

Post by AquaGirl »

We are B and J in Virginia - live in suburbs of DC. I have lived here my whole life.

I am a 3rd generation Virginian. My grandmother talked about the beach on the Potomac where the Pentagon is now and she grew up on a dairy farm where Pentagon City mall is now. Too bad they didn't own the land, rather than leasing it for their cows! I would have money to buy a nice villa on STJ.

Loved the picture of the Blue Ridge that you posted! As much as I hate the traffic, dense housing and paving over everywhere in Northern Va, I still love the rolling hills of Va. It's always a feast for my eyes to take a drive out there. We enjoy hiking and camping in the mountains, but our trips to the Caribbean are our current favorite activity. We are considering buying a place in STJ for retirement (still 10 years away).
(And I know where Clifton Forge is.)
Last edited by AquaGirl on Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan&MikeVa

Post by Jan&MikeVa »

Here I am, another fellow VIRGINIAN!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Born in D.C., lived a bit in Silver Spring, then on to Vienna where I went to Madison High School. Parents dragged me kicking & screaming south to Newport News to finish out school. While in college down this way I met & married this great guy named Mike!

32 years later we live in a neat community called Seaford on the Chesapeake Bay near Newport News.

BILL & RICK G, when is this forum gathering????? We are ready!!

Jan (akaCharlie)
P.S. I LOVE Virginia! :P
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Jo Ann - VA

Post by Jo Ann - VA »

VERY SCARY :shock: :shock: Jorge!

Jo Ann :wink:
Jo Ann
Always planning the next vacation...
Ron_L

Post by Ron_L »

I'm going to be spending three fun-filled days in Reston next week (Corporate US HQ is there). Does that make me a Virginian-in-training or something? :roll:
...ron

Time to start working on convincing the wife that we have to go back soon!
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Ron_L

Post by Ron_L »

I think I've seen the secret handshake while driving in that area. It involves only one finger, right? :lol:
...ron

Time to start working on convincing the wife that we have to go back soon!