Private Taxi for 2

Travel discussion for St. John
lbrlwyr

Private Taxi for 2

Post by lbrlwyr »

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a reasonably priced private taxi from the airport to red hook for 2 people?

We have used Wheatley and Dynamic Tours for years, but they both want a minimum of $75 each way. Not bad on the way back since we will be splitting it 4 ways, but a little steep for a 30 min trip to Red Hook.

Thanks,
Eric
Pia

Post by Pia »

Rachael is fantastic and a close friend of XIG who was the origional forumite that lead us all to use Rachael (thanks X :) )

She charges $45.00 for 1 person (I know this as I have used her just for myself) and I believe $25 pp for 2 - she has different rates depending on the number of people and over 4 passengers (maybe 6) I think it is the standard $15.00 pp the same as the other taxi's that wait at the airport.

Her number is 340-771-2986

Pia
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Post by Marcia (Mrs. Pete) »

We used Basil Taxi Service this year and he was fantastic. (Domanmois Basil) 340-771-5759

$15.00/per person with no bag fees.

He makes no stops along the way and will take just the two of you. Nice van, great service.

We will definitely use him again!
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Missing St. John. As always.
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Post by Marcia (Mrs. Pete) »

Sorry, one other thing about Basil's service. He takes care of calling the villa rep for you, to let them know which ferry you will be on. NO WORRIES!
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Missing St. John. As always.
lbrlwyr

Post by lbrlwyr »

Does Rachel have a website and contact information??
Pia

Post by Pia »

I posted her phone number above :)
lbrlwyr

Post by lbrlwyr »

Pia -- Kinda missed that one! :oops:

Does she have a company/website or is this just a highly recommended woman with a van?

Eric
Pia

Post by Pia »

She does not have a company/website - I guess she is a lady with a van :) BUT she is a registered taxi driver with the STT Taxi Association and has paid all license fees etc. Also, you can't be a taxi driver in the islands without a medallion - and she does have one.

She is 100% professional and legal :)

Pia
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

Pia wrote:She does not have a company/website - I guess she is a lady with a van :) BUT she is a registered taxi driver with the STT Taxi Association and has paid all license fees etc. Also, you can't be a taxi driver in the islands without a medallion - and she does have one.

She is 100% professional and legal :)

Pia
I recently offered to set up a website for her and help her with bookings and she said that as long as I keep sending people to her, she will be fine and didn't think she would need one. So I guess word of mouth advertising still works in this day and age.
Pianogrl

Post by Pianogrl »

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Rachel....she is the most gracious & professional lady! We have used her each time for our trips & she is always there, waiting & ready for us. We'll be using her again for our next trip down. Just call her number & set it up. You will not be disappointed...she's amazing!
greyhoundmom

Post by greyhoundmom »

Miss Rachel is the kindest, dearest lady and definitely proud of her island. She will point out everything on your way to Red Hook. When she picked us up at the airport we were frantically looking for my cell phone in a backpack in the very back of the van. She pulled over and we got out to hunt it down. She is a very gracious and professional lady. You wont' find another driver who makes you feel so comfortable, especially if it's your first trip!
Barb Y

Post by Barb Y »

I agree Rachel is wonderful! We used her in the past and could not have been more pleased. If by some chance she is booked up I would recommend Gonzi 340-514-4608. He has been a friend for many years and knows the island well. Enjoy your trip!
lbrlwyr

Post by lbrlwyr »

Thanks!! Just called Rachel and we are all set for our trip on the 27th.

Eric