Favorite Villa for Two?

Travel discussion for St. John
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

check out Anchorage Aweigh in Coral Bay.

It's brand new and should have a pool by fall.
janet
Drumbiker

Post by Drumbiker »

Has anyone stayed here?

http://www.acharminghideaway.com/valley-view.html

Staying there in one week - first visit to the STJ. I hope it was a good choice! I booked it long before I discovered the forum.
Counting down the minutes.....
pipergal

Post by pipergal »

MILES AWAY! I love Pt Rendevous and we spent a week here in April and the layout of perfect!! So fabulously appointed and comfortable! Nothing beats those deck lounges for your morning coffee! Villa company was great to deal with. Good luck!
Pipergal
cool breeze

Post by cool breeze »

Check out waterfall through www.vivacations.com its a beautiful secluded villa in the fish bay area. good luck and have a great vacation where ever you end up.
ciao
CB
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Drumbiker wrote:Has anyone stayed here?

Staying there in one week - first visit to the STJ. I hope it was a good choice! I booked it long before I discovered the forum.
Drumbiker, I'm really looking forward to your trip report. That place would suit us fine. A couple of steps up from camping, yet not huge. We're just two middle aged folks who want to eat in, and beach it all day. Looks good. Let us know!
Minde
C&S Island Time

Post by C&S Island Time »

after a few years of thinking about it and looking at all the villas we decided to spend a little more and book Bongo Bongo for our first trip. if you read the blog from the construction you'll see the trials and tribulations of building in STJ
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

C&S Island Time wrote:after a few years of thinking about it and looking at all the villas we decided to spend a little more and book Bongo Bongo for our first trip. if you read the blog from the construction you'll see the trials and tribulations of building in STJ
I spent my honeymoon there. I'm sure you will enjoy it. Good choice!
ihochman

Post by ihochman »

I see there are a lot of suggestions for a two bedroom villa but the best, I think, is Island Time. It is located on Devers Bay in a quite area outside of Cruz Bay. It has an amazing view, pool, hot tub and the 2nd bedroom is in a separate "cabana" attached to the main house. Very private very beautiful. Small but perfect for 2 couples. It is rented thru Caribbean Villas.
Drumbiker

Post by Drumbiker »

I'll be sure to update you on the Villa and our trip when we return. The price seemed almost too good to be true, but - it's not on the beach, it's on the North side of the island, is small and has only enough room for 2. The owner was really nice and says she lived there for 10 years. I dig the idea of a pool to lounge by in our downtime.
pjayer

Post by pjayer »

Drumbiker, we considered staying there last month, but by the time we made a final decision, it was no longer available. However, a friend of a friend who had stayed there sent me the following email. Hope it's helpful. Enjoy your stay on STJ. :)

I have stayed at Valley View twice and i highly, highly recommend it. It is a beautiful, full- furnished apartment below the space where the family lives. You walk into a full kitchen, seating area with TV, a dining area, a large bedroom, and bathroom with a nice open shower. You have your own swimming pool with two of the most comfortable Maui Sky Chairs i have ever come across. The view is of a steep valley and the stars at night are breathtaking. It is the cleanest place I have ever stayed on St. John, beach chairs and towels are provided. There was also rum and coke in the fridge. You do need a car to stay here, as it is a ten minute ride from town-but the drive is beautiful. This place defines peaceful. I have stayed many places on St. John-Valley View is my favorite.
Roberto

Post by Roberto »

Coconut Hill has two bedrooms but not equal in size. It does have a pool and killer views across Coral Bay to the BVIs.

http://www.vrbo.com/115186
Drumbiker

Post by Drumbiker »

Your post made my day! glad to hear we made a wise choice.....now I'm hoping the weather clears up and we won't be spending too much time in the Villa....starting to get nervous with all these bad reports and forecasts!

pjayer wrote:

Drumbiker, we considered staying there last month, but by the time we made a final decision, it was no longer available. However, a friend of a friend who had stayed there sent me the following email. Hope it's helpful. Enjoy your stay on STJ. :)

I have stayed at Valley View twice and i highly, highly recommend it. It is a beautiful, full- furnished apartment below the space where the family lives. You walk into a full kitchen, seating area with TV, a dining area, a large bedroom, and bathroom with a nice open shower. You have your own swimming pool with two of the most comfortable Maui Sky Chairs i have ever come across. The view is of a steep valley and the stars at night are breathtaking. It is the cleanest place I have ever stayed on St. John, beach chairs and towels are provided. There was also rum and coke in the fridge. You do need a car to stay here, as it is a ten minute ride from town-but the drive is beautiful. This place defines peaceful. I have stayed many places on St. John-Valley View is my favorite.
lavender

Post by lavender »

Thanks for all of the wonderful suggestions so far - that gives me a great list to start researching! Thank you so much!
michele

Post by michele »

My husband and I just recently returned from our first trip (Anninversary trip) to STJ (WE GET IT!) and stayed at La Dolce Vita. You can rent the whole house or just the efficency, which is what we did. We absolutely loved it. No pool, but is right on Coral Bay, with stairs that lead down to the water. It was everything we needed for just the 2 of us, and Fernando, the owner was awesome and very helpful. He also offers day charters on his boat, if you would be interested in that. The efficiency can be found at vrbo.com/99306. If you would like more info, feel free to PM me.
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

Carolyn wrote:
mbw1024 wrote:
Chet wrote:Island Dreams - http://www.bookitvi.com/dreams.htm
have you stayed there? I have always loved the look of this place. I love the sliding door to the BR area. Is this the one that is owned by someone's parents who posts here? Cute!
MB we are staying there for our Nov/Dec trip I am pleased to say! Can't wait...and yes, it is owned by PSUWethr's parents, and she may even be there now or soon. We booked thru Bookit VI and all has gone very smoothly. I understand Island livin' is a sister property.

I was glad to see such a nice review by Cleveland Dave about Island Livin' recently. It just reinforced what I was thinking.

As for the OP, I thot she was looking for a 2 bedroom?
off to read that review .. thanks!