No trip to St. J for me this year...

Travel discussion for St. John
rebelbeachgirl

No trip to St. J for me this year...

Post by rebelbeachgirl »

but I am driving 11 hours to Dallas to see Kenny this weekend!!! :)
vi lover

Post by vi lover »

I hate to say it out loud, but my wife and I also spoke about NOT coming to the VI next winter. :cry:

I admit - it's my fault. I've been pushing her to become more financially aware and to realize that retirement doesn't just fund itself. Now that she's taken the challenge, that $4000 annual vacation isn't just fun-and-sun anymore - it's an actual expense!

Darn me!
rebelbeachgirl

Post by rebelbeachgirl »

We are being "budget aware" too....so now it will be St. John every other year. However, I am talking a good friend of mine into getting married there....hmmmm wonder who will go as witnesses?!?! :P
Connie

Post by Connie »

I regret that I didn't jump on low airfare (301) when I was notified from Kayak. If it gets that low again, I'm booking it.

Last May we paid 750.00 and that hurt bad.

All I can keep saying to myself is WE WILL BE BACK!
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
bnsilly

Post by bnsilly »

no trip for me either....
BUT---- I am going to see Chesney this weekend as well! So I will find some sand, have me some rum, and have a good time with my island friends...Not the islands, but the next best thing... :D
rebelbeachgirl

Post by rebelbeachgirl »

Me too...driving to the Big D on Friday to see my man...long drive, but soooo worth the trip. :P
rebelbeachgirl

Post by rebelbeachgirl »

....rum and good friends and KC singing...THE BEST!!!
Connie

Post by Connie »

I have to wait till June 27th for KC, but well worth the wait. Have fun everybody!
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
Joppa

Post by Joppa »

We are Determined to go back next year. We went for our first time in Feb and we NEED to get back there. We our making some extra sacrifices and pulling extra shifts at work when available. The big thing for me is I need and want to quit smoking. Saving that money toward STJ is giving me extra incentive. I haven't set a quit date yet but it's coming soon. We have sort of made a game out of saving for STJ. Coupons used at the grocery
store is now STJ$, not going out to eat..STJ$....extra shift at work...STJ$. My boss even asks me to work extra by saying STJ$. So barring any major shake up in our lives, we will return....
teefal

Post by teefal »

2Linds, I used Zyban almost twelve years ago to quit (smoked a pack a day). Took it for two weeks while I continued to smoke (as ordered) .. by the tenth day, I'd light up and say, "I don't even want this" and put it out. Took the meds another ten weeks and have never wanted a cig since.

btw, *don't* take Wellbutrin. Zyban is time-released. I've heard many who tried Wellbutrin and it didn't work.

A while back I figured out that my Marlboro's would currently cost $1800 a year. That's a lotta STJ fun!
rebelbeachgirl

Post by rebelbeachgirl »

2Linds wrote:We are Determined to go back next year. We went for our first time in Feb and we NEED to get back there. We our making some extra sacrifices and pulling extra shifts at work when available. The big thing for me is I need and want to quit smoking. Saving that money toward STJ is giving me extra incentive. I haven't set a quit date yet but it's coming soon. We have sort of made a game out of saving for STJ. Coupons used at the grocery
store is now STJ$, not going out to eat..STJ$....extra shift at work...STJ$. My boss even asks me to work extra by saying STJ$. So barring any major shake up in our lives, we will return....
That is awesome! Best of luck on the quitting smoking...good for you...and what better way to put that extra money to good use....St. John! :)
JJShaw

Post by JJShaw »

We both quit on December 30...Once I added up what we were spending together...even with coupons We decided that was enough for a nice little vacation...and yeah...at times...I think I could still pick one up...but then I think about the money saved and a trip back to STJ...and its a no brainer.
Good luck with the quitting and remember the sooner the better...and the sooner you can start saving for a trip...:)
[/url]
John LMBZ06

Post by John LMBZ06 »

The Pizza Hut Park is pretty close to my house. It will be very crowded in Frisco for this, but we are used to it. Have fun in my backyard.