January 2010 Airfare

Travel discussion for St. John
turtlegirl

January 2010 Airfare

Post by turtlegirl »

Hope I didn't jump the gun, by not waiting for American to put out non-stop flights, but I just booked on US Air out of BOS with connections each way in PHI(ugh)-great flight times, though, with short layovers for $258 rt plus t/f $321. January 9-16, 2010. Last January on AA direct out of BOS we paid $299 plus t/f $348. Our flight left BOS over an hour late and departed STT over an hour late plus added a fuel stop in SJU, so the connections don't actually make the flight times much longer than the non stops we had ly-if all goes well...
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

I think that's a good price and they'll probably change your flights a dozen times before then.

I'm going to try to book for February in a couple of weeks if Northwest/Delta/Whatever will offer me a good price on fares and miles since I have to combine all my miles together and use them before the end of 2009 anyhow.

If that doesn't work, well then I guess I will be waiting until later...
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
turtlegirl

Post by turtlegirl »

It IS a good deal, but last year we only paid $52 total more for both tix non-stop $695 vs. $643, which is why I'm questioning myself, but it's just not there on American right now so when I saw a good deal, I jumped on it.

May is just around the corner for you...Yeah!
samoka

Post by samoka »

I am travelling in Feb 2010 and was wondering about AA's non-stop flights - so I e-mailed AA and asked if they were going to be offering non-stop from BOS - I'll let you know if/when I hear back from them - samoka
turtlegirl

Post by turtlegirl »

samoka, that would be great. Please let us know what they say.
rpplano

Post by rpplano »

Lulu76 "I'm going to try to book for February in a couple of weeks if Northwest/Delta/Whatever will offer me a good price on fares and miles since I have to combine all my miles together and use them before the end of 2009 anyhow."

Would it help if you donated those miles to me? I don't like wasting any miles. :lol:
devilsrule2004

Post by devilsrule2004 »

yea thats def a great price!! <object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://saveyoubigmoney.com/money/pages/ ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://saveyoubigmoney.com/money/pages/3062/info.html" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>
Betty

Post by Betty »

They do not put out the non-stop flights usually till October. American has non-stops Saturday's in January to and from Boston. My sister in law did not book her flights for January 2009 till beginning of December 2008 and got the best price for her tickets. We fly out of Philly US Air and we got our best price mid December. I would suggest registering with airfarewatchdog.com for alerts to St Thomas from Boston price drops. Also the time your flying in January is rather a slow week and with the economy being so bad, I would not rush to buy tickets. There will be lots of sales when these flights do not book up.
Turtle you got a good deal, even with a stop, I wouldn't worry about it!
samoka

Post by samoka »

AA has posted their non-stop flights for the winter months - I booked for February and got a great price - $811 for two total - good luck - samoka
turtlegirl

Post by turtlegirl »

Saw the non stop out for January at $800 plus for 2 passengers. Thanks, Samoka
turtlegirl

Post by turtlegirl »

Actually for our January dates it's $440 plus taxes each for a total of $982 for 2 so I'm still happy with our short stop US Air fares for $643 including taxes ($129 + each way), although I do LOVE non-stop flights- but for $339 I'll stop!