Non-stop flights from Newark to STT on Continental

Travel discussion for St. John
gardengal

Non-stop flights from Newark to STT on Continental

Post by gardengal »

Holy cow! Not only does it appear that they no longer have their non-stop flight but the ticket price has more than tripled in the last couple weeks... Serves me right for not purchasing when they were low. :roll:

Anyone hear if they've done away with their non-stop flights to stt from Newark? It's looking like all the flights are doing a layover in San Juan.

Kristi
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

when are you looking to travel? normally they still go direct on Saturday's and maybe Friday and Sunday but not 100% sure on that.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
gardengal

Post by gardengal »

I'm looking the end of July, leaving on a Wednesday and coming back on a Saturday.

I did type in several different dates and still couldn't find a non-stop.

Did I mention that I could kick my own @ss for not puchasing a few weeks back.........
elisa_nj

Post by elisa_nj »

There was when I was searching for October. I chose to change planes because the fare was only 315. But the Cont. flights were still going nonstop for something in the 450 range.

Update: I just checked. Appears you can only get non stops on Saturdays! You might be able to get a stopover going and a nonstop coming back though.
tjwgrr

Post by tjwgrr »

What the schedule is currently showing for CO EWR-STT / STT-EWR nonstop:

SUN/WED/SAT MAY3-JUN28
SUN/TUE/THUR/SAT JUN30-AUG29
No Flights AUG31-OCT2
SAT(only) OCT3-OCT31
SUN/MON/THU/SAT NOV2-DEC14
DAILY DEC17

You can always connect from CO to Cape Air, a Continental partner, in SJU.
vrungel

Post by vrungel »

CO has a daily non-stop flights between EWR and STT. If you don't see one while booking on their web site most likely that this date is sold out. I'm checking second week of August and see non-stop 737 daily flights
Steve S

Post by Steve S »

We're using Continental in late July. I've had no trouble finding a non-stop. I haven't booked yet...

Flight Details:
Depart:
9:10 a.m.
Tue., Jul. 14, 2009
New York/Newark, NJ (EWR - Liberty) Arrive:
1:31 p.m.
Tue., Jul. 14, 2009
St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands (STT) Travel Time:
4 hr 21 mn OnePass Miles/
Elite Qualification*:
1,634 /100% Flight: CO1884
Aircraft: Boeing 737-700
Fare Class: Economy (S)
Meal: Snack
No Special Meal Offered.

Depart:
2:25 p.m.
Tue., Jul. 28, 2009
St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands (STT) Arrive:
6:40 p.m.
Tue., Jul. 28, 2009
New York/Newark, NJ (EWR - Liberty) Travel Time:
4 hr 15 mn OnePass Miles/
Elite Qualification*:
1,634 /100% Flight: CO1883
Aircraft: Boeing 737-700
Fare Class: Economy (S)
Meal: Snack
No Special Meal Offered.
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Our connecting flight from California is to a Continental non-stop out of EWR to STT at the end of this month.
gardengal

Post by gardengal »

I did find a Tuesday non-stop but that was it. I'll keep checking. Maybe I'm challenged!?

Looking at the schdule it looks like a Tuesday to a Tuesday is the best bet and by far the cheapest. I still can't come across any other non-stop days for that time frame.

My villa dates have been set so I'm going to keep looking.
petepie

Post by petepie »

We were originally booked on a Continental non-stop return flight on a Monday from STT-EWR, but then they canceled that flight. So, I don't think they are still running the non-stop every day of the week.
jjstephens01

Post by jjstephens01 »

gardengal wrote:I'm looking the end of July, leaving on a Wednesday and coming back on a Saturday.

I did type in several different dates and still couldn't find a non-stop.

Did I mention that I could kick my own @ss for not puchasing a few weeks back.........
you are going to the islands at the slowest time they have...........airlines cut back at this time due to filling the planes........a stop in san juan is no big dealllllll
SheilaW1

Post by SheilaW1 »

We're booked ewr to stt -continental non-stop both ways - June 3-10th (Wed to Wed). Haven't gotten a notification that the flights have been canceled yet, so keeping fingers crossed that we still fly non.
Patty

Post by Patty »

We were notified by CO last week that our non-stop to Newark was cancelled for July 29. We had the option of leaving earlier on July 29 and changing planes three times to get to Norfolk at 11 pm at night or book for one more day in paradise. Not a hard decision to make even if we have to spend a little more!! Life is short, enjoy while you can!!
psufan

Post by psufan »

My non-stop out of Newark on 5/22 was cancelled. Non-stop back on 5/31 is okay. Keep a close eye on your reservations as I have had flight changes made without notification from Continental.