Taxi from airport to ferry question??

Travel discussion for St. John
pipergal

Taxi from airport to ferry question??

Post by pipergal »

In the past we have always arranged private taxi and used Dohms (group), I am a little unsure what is the best way to get from the STT airport to the ferry (either one)for just the two of us (Mr. Pipergal and I). AS always, you guys rock and I just want to be organized this trip since we are only staying 6 nights:) TIA Pipergal
Pipergal
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

As you exit the baggage claim area, you'll see the taxi dispatcher. Just let him know you want the ferry to St. John and he'll point you to a taxi. You may need to wait a bit for it to fill before it leaves.
janet
traveler22

Post by traveler22 »

To add on to the previous post, make sure if you want to use the ferry from CA (CA-STJ) that you tell them that or they will take you to Red hook since its a longer taxi ride and more money for them.
Lex

Post by Lex »

Before getting in the van, I always ask the driver what the total cost will be (fare, luggage, whatever). Avoids any surprises when you reach the ferry.

We usually go to Red Hook, but if the dispatcher tries to steer us to CA for one reason or another, we' re happy to go with the flow. Either one gets us to STJ.
Lex

Post by Lex »

Before getting in the van, I always ask the driver what the total cost will be (fare, luggage, whatever). Avoids any surprises when you reach the ferry.

We usually go to Red Hook, but if the dispatcher tries to steer us to CA for one reason or another, we' re happy to go with the flow. Either one gets us to STJ.
Bigcheeze

Post by Bigcheeze »

Not to jump the thread...but we now rent the car(for the past 3 years) in STT and take the car barge to the rock. We save alot in taxi fares and the ease of having the bags in the car is priceless.

Dave