5 Bedroom House

Travel discussion for St. John
lbjpryan

5 Bedroom House

Post by lbjpryan »

Hoping for a little help here with house selection...We have a family trip in the works for mid-July and wanted a little help on house selection.

Family of 10, 6 adults and 4 girls (ages 6, 8, 9, 10)...Wife and I have been on island 2 times prior...rest are newbies. Looking for 5 bedrooms, pool, AC and Northshore or Bordeaux Mtn...Not opposed to Coral Bay.

Thanks in advance.
Diana2

Post by Diana2 »

Chateau Margot on Bordeaux Mtn is a great family vacation house. We were there with a large family group two years ago and LOVED LOVED LOVED it!!
http://www.islandgetawaysinc.com/chateaumargot.html Kathy at Island Getaways is really great. This location is really super.
byado18

Post by byado18 »

Vida de Mar is 5 bedrooms right on the water -- but on the south shore -- but it could be a consideration.......

http://www.vidademar.com/villa_information.html
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Bigcheeze

Post by Bigcheeze »

byado18 wrote:Vida de Mar is 5 bedrooms right on the water -- but on the south shore -- but it could be a consideration.......

http://www.vidademar.com/villa_information.html
Very Nice villa and location...stayed there last year.

Dave
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

Post by Pete (Mr. Marcia) »

We have stayed at Vistaero twice and enjoyed it very much.
Wisconsin, smell the dairy air
RickG

Post by RickG »

I got a note from VIVA! that they have a new 5 bedroom on Gifft Hill - Skyway.

http://www.vivacations.com/viewproperty ... tyID=38124

Interestingly, this is the first direct marketing email I've received from an STJ marketing company.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
wonderlost

Post by wonderlost »

Starlit Escape is great for families and big groups, Pretty reasonable too.
www.starlitescape.com
chicagoans

Post by chicagoans »

Jorge wrote:Try looking at Coco de Mer in Peter Bay. My all time fav. and will be staying there 2 times this year.
Dang, Jorge! That place is gorgeous. Are you on the AIG bonus plan? (The plan where you don't return half of it, of course.)

I was looking at that place with envy. Then I realized that if we could travel in the off season and if we split it with other couples instead of bringing the kids... it would actually cost less than the much more humble place we're renting after Christmas. Then I got depressed.
RickG

Post by RickG »

chicagoans wrote:Then I realized that if we could travel in the off season and if we split it with other couples instead of bringing the kids..
That's the RickG bonus plan - 1/4 the price, twice a year!

Seriously, 5 bedrooms over 4 bedrooms is a bigger step up than you would initially expect. It usually drives an additional vehicle, bigger than a single private taxi.... 5 bedrooms/10 couples was more work than 24 people across three 4-bedroom houses. Good luck.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

Jorge wrote:Try looking at Coco de Mer in Peter Bay. My all time fav. and will be staying there 2 times this year.
Jorge!!!! My wife and I are envious! Love to stay in Peter Bay - maybe someday. I too am not party to the AIG bonuses (which IMO should be filed in the category of "much ado about nothing" quite honestly)...Nope, I merely work for one of the "evil" biotech companies. Hmmm...wonder if we'd get a bailout if we needed one?
July 2003 - Honeymoon at The Westin
July 2004 - Glenmar, Gifft Hill
July 2005 - Arco Iris, Fish Bay
December 2007 - Dreamcatcher, GCB
July 2008 - Ellison Villa, VGE
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
aroobagirl

Post by aroobagirl »

I think Tesori is worth considering. Southshore but beautiful!
steve

Post by steve »

Their have been older threads on this topic. Consider La Jolla Caribe on N Shore 5 BR there is actually ac in one room that is their "media room" but search the threads about ac. you do not need it on the N shore up on the hill sides. rented through Destination St John.

We enjoyed upper Carolina area and stayed in Casa Luna, 5 or 6 bedrooms, it sold since but I think it is still for rent.

Have fun!!!
chicagoans

Post by chicagoans »

Jorge wrote: Let me know when ya'll want to go. Jorge
Tomorrow!