OK gals........fess up..........

Travel discussion for St. John
piscesgirl0314

Post by piscesgirl0314 »

liamsaunt wrote:Guilty as charged! I always, always buy stuff. Sometimes just a couple of t-shirts, sometimes a new rash guard, etc. Shopping for vacation is the only time I enjoy buying clothes. The rest of the time it is just a chore to be avoided.

Cypressgirl, did you get the new Athleta catalog yesterday? :D
Hey "liamsaunt" after reading about "Athleta" I got on their website...WOW, very cute stuff...GREAT deals on their sale items too... :wink:

I have to say, my hubby likes to buy some new clothes before we go on vacation...he usually drags our daughter and I out with him the night before we leave...mean time I've had my daughter and I packed and ready for a week... :lol:
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

longislandjean wrote:As long as we're on the subject of buying new things for trips I was wondering if anyone has any good websites for cute sundresses and coverups. I was on St. Thomas last year for the first time and will be back this July. I saw so many nice dresses on other people but haven't had much luck shopping for myself. I was seriously lacking on wardrobe last trip which is not like me. I had all my clothes ready to go and then I was told I was packing too "fancy" so I rethought it and then I was told I was still packing too much. I never travelled so light, lol, but I mainly had shorts and t-shirts and I was most comfortable in the two casual sundresses I packed. Any ideas?
Is this something you might like? I use this website all the time and I love it.
http://www.bostonproper.com/jump.jsp?it ... ctID=13845

I also love www.southbeachswimsuits.com

WARNING!!!!!..........you could get in trouble with both of these websites.
longislandjean

Post by longislandjean »

cypressgirl, thanks for the websites . . . I think, lol. I didn't take your warning, you're right about getting in trouble. This is more along the line of what I've been looking for and maybe even more casual would work. I'm not a big clothes shopper and when I'm forced to I usually end up coming home with shoes instead. One vacation the family took a picture of all my shoes practically filling the bottom of the closet. Unfortunately when I went to STT last summer I had broken my foot two months before and brought only my birkenstocks, I'll make up for it this year!
Bigcheeze

Post by Bigcheeze »

cypressgirl wrote:
SJfromNJ wrote:
California Girl wrote: I now have an island wardrobe. [/color]
Me too, I got two new T-shirts!
That sounds exactly like my husband..........leaving in 12 days and got 2 new tees. Just like a man. :lol:
I got 2 new ones too...both white but they have sailboat on the front of them..who hoo
Terry

Post by Terry »

I'm guilty. I order new T's on line from Soggy Dollar, and other estabishments ahead of time and we wear them while on island and all year here. Why buy locally when you can support the islands.

When I where them locally here...it's amazing how many folks know where the establishment is. I met a gal in the hallway at work today that was sailing last year with a local folk who has a sailboat at Tortolla and sails the BVI every year and invites a crew from here to sail with them. We laughed because our neighbor was asked this year to be on board and just returned.

It's a really small world we live in.
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Post by Marcia (Mrs. Pete) »

Ohh, and by the way, pre trip, I ALWAYS GET A PEDICURE!!!

:)
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Missing St. John. As always.
AnyTing

Post by AnyTing »

Marcia (Mrs. Pete) wrote:Ohh, and by the way, pre trip, I ALWAYS GET A PEDICURE!!!

I think Pete secretly wants a pedicure. I think you should take him with you next time.
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

VickiH wrote:
Marcia (Mrs. Pete) wrote:Ohh, and by the way, pre trip, I ALWAYS GET A PEDICURE!!!

I think Pete secretly wants a pedicure. I think you should take him with you next time.
The pre-vacation pedicure is a necessity. Ok, I confess, an every two week pedicure is something I just won't give up ... economy be damned. It's my mental health fee --- $22 is cheaper than real treatment.
longislandjean

Post by longislandjean »

Pedicures are a need, not a want. Once every two weeks in the summer and once a month in the winter. It's my lunchtime relaxation!
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

I go to a really cute chiropractor (have been his patient for 20 years)and he always comments on my fresh pedicure. He also notices when I've gotten my hair done. I couldn't stop getting them now if I wanted to. I'd have to find a new Chiropractor.

Of course my husband has NEVER noticed my pedicures.
IllinoisGal

Post by IllinoisGal »

Hi My first post :)

I used the excuse that since this is our honeymoon, I'm allowed to do some extra shopping for the trip because you only go on your honeymoon once! I even talked my future DH into getting a new suit!!

The one we're replacing is so old that the elastic is completely worn out. If he didn't knot the tie string really well, he'd lose his trunks!
chrisn

Post by chrisn »

Me too! Then I always scuff it up on the first day tripping over a rock LOL! A pre-trip waxing session is a must for me as well. I suppose a half hour of intense torture is the price I pay for two weeks in the ilons!

Last trip I met a lady who had just done eyelash extentions before liftoff. She snorkeled and swam everyday for two weeks and they looked like a million bucks. I'm doing that...I hate mascara but I hate what my eyelashes look like without it even worse!
rpplano

Post by rpplano »

That sounds exactly like my husband..........leaving in 12 days and got 2 new tees. Just like a man

Real men don't buy T-Shirts, they just wear a freebee someone gave them. HAH!
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

IllinoisGal wrote:Hi My first post :)
I even talked my future DH into getting a new suit!
Hi IllinoisGal! Welcome to the forum! You must be a very powerful woman to talk that man into a new swimsuit! LOL!
Wolfhound

Post by Wolfhound »

In November, I didn't have time for a pedi before the trip. My DH had to sit there with me in the Beauty Lounge in Cruz Bay while I got one. How, I asked him, could I possibly go anywhere in flip flops or sandals without one?? Plus, guys (RickG, et al.), I've also gotten pedicures on military posts at the PX complex and Soldiers get pedicures, yes they do. I've seen it. They know they need to take care of their feet.