Whistling Cay Guard House

Travel discussion for St. John
parafins

Whistling Cay Guard House

Post by parafins »

I was pleased to see the guard/customs house featured on ON-STJOHN.com. Capt.John Brandi talked about the history on this little stone house. He's a very funny guy and I can't help but laugh when he's interviewed. Whistling Cay is a wonderful place to visit,and someday I will snorkel there. :D ParafinsImage
HELLO FROM MICHIGAN...
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Bigcheeze

Post by Bigcheeze »

see you at the guard house...leave a necktie on the door if you want privacy

Dave
Joshie

Post by Joshie »

California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Joshie wrote:Excellent (albeit deep) snorkeling off the far west end of Whistling Cay.

There are a few mooring balls for boats.

Start at the western tip and make your way clockwise (i.e., northeastward) till you come to a really cool cove with big submerged rocks.

-j
Thanks for the tip! :D
Lex

Post by Lex »

Gerald Singer wrote a short piece about the ruin a while back with similar thoughts:

http://seestjohn.com/st_john_life/uncat ... tling-cay/
parafins

kayaks

Post by parafins »

nyestreet wrote:Wifey and me are planning on kayaking to whistling cay on our next visit which is in SIX days!!
Remember,If your moving at a good pace it's about 15 minutes from Little Maho or 25 minutes from Cinnamon. I've been told that the kayaks from Cinnamon are a bit more comfortable. If you have time visit the private rocky coves of Mary Point.Parafins
HELLO FROM MICHIGAN...
hoosierdaddy

Post by hoosierdaddy »

We stopped there with a dinghy last week. Neat island. Worth the trip we thought. We used the morring balls Joshie mentioned and it is a very deep snorkel.