We're Booked! One Newbie's Obsessive Planning Journey

Travel discussion for St. John
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

Jorge wrote: You will be drugged the second you get to St. John.
ahhahahhahaha.... Jorge, that just gave me a good laugh!
tarheelgirl

Post by tarheelgirl »

Just don't get so drugged ya get nekkid!

No, seriously..an islander friend told me the first time we went to STJ that we WILL be back and we just went "Ok, sure, but we plan on checking out other places". Well, we've been back to STJ 3 years
in a row after that. STJ calls you and when you get there..your feel like your're home again.
chrisn

Post by chrisn »

This post is so deja vu cause it's so me! Too funny! It's not that I follow all the planning, it's just that I LIKE to plan. I'm a planner. OCD ya know. Planning is half my fun and it keeps me from freaking over how long I have to wait for the next trip. Thanks for the laugh!

"The Magic of St. John"
I Get It!

I thought that was great verbage for the t-shirt idea!
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

Chicagoans you are a girl after my heart. I am a HUGE planner. 1/2 the fun for me is the research. I always like to have options. Don't make me post my "master plan" from the last trip. I took a lot of crap from our traveling companions on that one!
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
chicagoans

Post by chicagoans »

I'm with all you planners! I like to get the big stuff set up ahead of time (stuff you need reservations for) and then I can relax much better while I'm there and just enjoy it all. (Although I'll admit that 'relaxing' for me is more about hiking, kayaking, and snorkeling than it is about being poolside.)

Noodle Jorge, we have a couple like you in our group of 10, so we all get along just fine. (They're happy to let me make decisions!) As long as they're willing to man the blender on a regular basis, I'm good with that!
Margy Z

Post by Margy Z »

Oooo, Chicagoans - we in Wheaton are just as O/C about our trips, glad to know severe planning is a shared experience :D . If you haven't booked your plane tickets yet, persevere on trying to use the mileage. I kept at it and available seats opened up both for our STX trip this April and my May trip to STT with the girlfriends. It's a pain to keep checking and working the itinerary but you might get lucky. Both times things fell in place early in the AM on Wednesday mornings - I think that airlines may assess sales and re-price on Tuesday nights. Have a great time!
jmq

Post by jmq »

Your research must include trying different rums and mix combos so you know what your preferences will be by the time you hit d-ilons.

Also downloading and creating some music mixes using some of the lists here for new island-y music CDs and/or mp3 playlists.

We are currently planning a trip to Switzerland and essential research for that includes visits to the Lindt chocolate store and to the fancy food store for cheese and brats and expanding my European beer tastes...havent thought about the music for that trip yet (yodeling anyone???)...
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide
jmq

Post by jmq »

Lotsa trip research also helps occupy your mind during things like boring meetings and conference calls or when you are stuck in traffic...
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide
chicagoans

Post by chicagoans »

so jmq, does the research of trying different rum mixes happen during the boring meetings and while stuck in traffic?
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

Did you get your PM from me? I have not had much success with them yet.
chicagoans

Post by chicagoans »

Yes I did. Thanks! I sent a reply back too (yesterday) so that should have come through.

I'm sure you'll have a great trip!