Underwater Cameras

Travel discussion for St. John
vav

Underwater Cameras

Post by vav »

Hi all. I'm new to the forum and will be coming to St.John with my wife April 27th-May 4th Looking forward to a great trip. I feel like I have been there before with all the great info I have gotten on this board. If anyone takes underwater pictures I'm interested in what cameras you use. Thanks
Steve
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Hi Steve! Welcome to the forum! Last trip I used my Canon SD400 with the Canon underwater case (actually, for that model it's called an "All Weather Case" and you can only take it down to 10 ft.) The trip we have coming up (almost the same dates as you!) I'll be bringing my new Canon SD880 IS and will be purchasing the underwater case for that, too.

If you care to see what my pictures are like go here: http://www.pbase.com/thegripps/underwater Keep in mind that I Photoshopped them to get them to look decent! :D

Maybe we'll see you at the Beach Bar for some Jazz on May 2rd!
Lovermont

Post by Lovermont »

Hi Steve,

I was interested in the same thing a few weeks ago, and had great response from many sources. See this topic:
http://www.virgin-islands-on-line.com/f ... ht=#129369
JJShaw

Post by JJShaw »

We have an Olympus 770 SW and I love it. We did not purchase the underwater housing with it. We use it alot here at home in our pool and when we travel. There are pics in the link below that we have taken from it. Feel free to look at them. The only time I have had any problems with it..I took it in a Hot tub on a cruise and it started to fog up and leak..It was under warranty and I actually had it back before I recieved the delivery conformation from the PO. Its really a versatile little camera and Id be lost without it..Underwater or Above ....:)
[/url]