Ok...so another day sail question

Travel discussion for St. John
JJShaw

Ok...so another day sail question

Post by JJShaw »

We are still tossing the idea of a day sail around, but would also like to find out who we could sail with for a trip to the Baths and possibly lunch at Willie T's. Any info on this trip and who does this schedule?
Thanks again...:)
[/url]
ihochman

Post by ihochman »

I highly recommend Clark Beam on the White Wing. You can reach him through Connections. I've sailed with him about 6 or 7 times and no one knows a sailboat like Clark. He's a great guy and an amazing sailor. He'll be great for your day sail.
Exit Zero

Post by Exit Zero »

I totally agree that Clark and White Wing do a fine job BUT sailing to the Baths and stopping at the Willy T --- on a sailboat in a day! --- including time,wind,distance,stopping for lunch,snorkeling,visiting the Baths and Customs [both countries] is virtually impossible - it is a power boat trip - no question.
ihochman

Post by ihochman »

You're probably right but if anyone can do it Clark can. Wouldn't hurt to check it out.
captainjay

Post by captainjay »

Sorry but Virgin Gorda and Back just ins't going to happen a sailboat daytrip. It took Deb and I 5 hours to sail from Caneel to Cooper one way counting a stop for customs at Soper's. The Baths would have taken another hour easy, again this is one way.
Jay
StJohnRuth

Post by StJohnRuth »

The only way I can see you doing this trip on a sailboat from St. John would be if you leave from Coral Bay. Even then, it could be a long day.
ihochman

Post by ihochman »

Well, Clark DOES sail out of Coral Bay. CALL!!!!!
JJShaw

Post by JJShaw »

I had actually already emailed Capt. Clark before I did this thread...but havent heard back from him. We sailed with him our last trip.(see pics in the link below) He has a few other schedules we like as well. We are trying to decide bewteen a sail around STJ or go to the Baths and Willie T. I know it would be best to take a power boat to get to the Baths and by the Willie T. And a sail boat around STJ...As of now We're just checking out all the options..even had the thought of taking the Ferry over to Virgin Gorda..:)
[/url]
Jo Ann - VA

Post by Jo Ann - VA »

Captain Clark with White Wing is not sailing this year. He is in the process of building his house and he told me his wife says no sailing until the house is finished! We went out with him in 07 and he was great.

Anyone recomend some one else to go sailing with?
Jo Ann
Always planning the next vacation...