Joshie Poll

Travel discussion for St. John

If you saw Joshie taking photos to post on VIOL, would you post it on the forum?

Yes.
17%
No.
66%
No, but I'd tell all my friends via Private Message.
7%
I'm not sure.
9%

Total votes: 86

mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

"I'm not Joshie but I play one on tv"
That's what's going on my tshirt.
In the system

Post by In the system »

I have seen Joshie taking pictures that were posted on VIOL. I will not rat him out. I am actually waiting for a spot on the Jerry Springer show to reveal who Joshie is. I will hold off if Joshie offers me a free week on St John with all the rum I can drink. So I vote maybe. By the way the local fish wrap in South Jersey had a story that says Jerry Springer is the true owner of the big house on the point of Peter Bay.
Chillin' on the beach with a cold one.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
djmom

Post by djmom »

I think I know who he is due to a sloppy mistake on his part. I am not sure, but I think.

And I wont' rat him out.
"Sponges grow in the ocean...I wonder how much deeper it would be if that didn't happen."
lprof

Post by lprof »

In the system wrote:I have seen Joshie taking pictures that were posted on VIOL. I will not rat him out. I am actually waiting for a spot on the Jerry Springer show to reveal who Joshie is. I will hold off if Joshie offers me a free week on St John with all the rum I can drink. So I vote maybe. By the way the local fish wrap in South Jersey had a story that says Jerry Springer is the true owner of the big house on the point of Peter Bay.
:shock: sounds like blackmail to me...hope Joshie pays you off...you may enjoy sharing that small apartment with sock monkey...some folks really fear those guys...
My vote was no...I am intrigued with the mystery of Joshie and I hope that he can continue to hang out here as long as he wants, just as he is...
... no longer a stranger to paradise
Wakey

Post by Wakey »

I "think" I identified Joshie too but he is the only one that got the PM. :lol:

I can't fathom why anyone wouldn't like Joshie's presence in this forum unless I'm completely missing something.
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

I just want to know if he's a certain photographer whose work many of us have displayed in our homes. Unless he was using his point and shoot, I would notice his camera long before I'd notice his face. Other than that, it really doesn't matter to me who he is. There are some non-pros here with nice cameras/lenses who take great pictures too though so he could be anybody...
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Post by Marcia (Mrs. Pete) »

Who gives a rats ass who he is? Oh, wait. I know. He does.

I think I'll make up a new forum name and post some interesting things and have everyone try and guess who I am.

Or not.

I'm not that vain.
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Missing St. John. As always.
hugo

Post by hugo »

I can guarantee you that Joshie is NOT Steve Simonson. As much as i like Steve as a person, Joshie actually takes much better pictures, for my taste anyway. And, as young as Steve is at heart, he is a 50-year-old father (of a son in college, no less) and husband who has to support all that on St. John... not a lot of time to hang out on Trunk Bay beach, for instance.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
JT

Post by JT »

Jorge wrote:I'm sad to say, that to me this forum is not fun anymore.
Gosh darn it,Jorge, the Tar Heels lose and you go getting all morose on us. The so dumb it's funny joke comes to mind about the horse that goes into the bar and the bartender says,"Hey, why the long face?" Come on, man, March is half over, spring is nearly here. Time to go for a ride on the old Harley. Oh yeah, you sold the bike....
When you find yourself in a hole.... quit digging.
Cid

Post by Cid »

Jorge wrote:I'm sad to say, that to me this forum is not fun anymore.
Things have changed just in the short time I've been here...not for better or worse, just different. Things always change whether you like it or not...Just like the Tar Heels don't always win! Lighten up :lol:
Still waiting to return to St. John!
http://facebook.com/cidsinclair
[/url]
toes in the sand

Post by toes in the sand »

Marcia (Mrs. Pete) wrote:Who gives a rats ass who he is? Oh, wait. I know. He does.

I think I'll make up a new forum name and post some interesting things and have everyone try and guess who I am.

Or not.

I'm not that vain.
It's always nice to have anyone posting interesting things along with the great photos.
"got a drink in my hand and my toes in the sand"
Agent99

Post by Agent99 »

Marcia (Mrs. Pete) wrote:
Who gives a rats ass who he is? Oh, wait. I know. He does.

Or not.

I'm not that vain.

Ok....never one to mind my own beeswax when there is other wax to investigate, may I please ask what the hell is going on? Maybe I don't hang around enough to be in the know but in the few years I have been acquainted with this forum Mr. Marcia and Mrs. Pete have seemed to me to be very cordial, mild mannered folk. It isn't computing that they find this Joshie guy so offensive. I get that they think he is some old poster but I just don't remember another poster that was so offensive that he/she'd warrant the treatment that is being shown to this fella. Maybe there is some kind of war behind the scenes but if so, why bring it out in public?

It's not going to keep me up at night but I just kinda wonder why the snarky remarks? The reason I was drawn to this forum in the first place was not only the mutual love of STJ but the glorious absence of snark. Will someone, Marcia, Pete or other please 'splain?
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Post by Marcia (Mrs. Pete) »

Agent99 wrote:

Ok....never one to mind my own beeswax when there is other wax to investigate, may I please ask what the hell is going on? Maybe I don't hang around enough to be in the know but in the few years I have been acquainted with this forum Mr. Marcia and Mrs. Pete have seemed to me to be very cordial, mild mannered folk. It isn't computing that they find this Joshie guy so offensive. I get that they think he is some old poster but I just don't remember another poster that was so offensive that he/she'd warrant the treatment that is being shown to this fella. Maybe there is some kind of war behind the scenes but if so, why bring it out in public?

It's not going to keep me up at night but I just kinda wonder why the snarky remarks? The reason I was drawn to this forum in the first place was not only the mutual love of STJ but the glorious absence of snark. Will someone, Marcia, Pete or other please 'splain?
Okay, I'll try to explain. I don't know who Joshie is and I don't really care. I guess that was my point. I wrote that post last night after reading several threads where Joshie apparently got into the system and posed as the moderator (on here and on the off topic forum). To me, that seemed a bit over the top and I did a silly thing by posting my gut reaction.

I have nothing against this person. He/she seems to thrive on a lot of attention and we are doing well by giving it to him/her; myself included, with my post last night.
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Missing St. John. As always.
Connie

Post by Connie »

And....aren't there more important things to think or worry about?
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"