Saving Maho

Travel discussion for St. John
BillnSue

Saving Maho

Post by BillnSue »

A note of celebration (i hope)...$2.25 million has been "earmarked" by the federal government (feel how you might about these) for the aquisition of Maho for the Nat'l Park Service. After having read what I have over the past several months about the fate of this property, I'm relieved that it will be kept in its current state. There have been, in recent times, talk of private purchase and development. Every inch of this beautiful, fragile paradise that can be preserved is a gift!
islandgirl

Post by islandgirl »

What a blessing this is. That is great news!!! Maho preserved for ever and ever :) :)
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

What a tremendous relief!
Smiles-
MJ
cptnkirk

Post by cptnkirk »

Well by golly there's an earmark I can cheer for :D
captainjay

Post by captainjay »

I wouldn't be to quick to celebrate. I saw the article as well but 2.2 mil is not any thing near the 28 mil they are asking. I haven't heard of any official word on what the money if for and were the other 26 mil will come from.
Jay
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

There's another thread around here somewhere about this. That's not anywhere near how much money it's going to take to save Maho.

I didn't realized they'd come down to $28 million. Last I heard it was $32 million.

I just can't get excited yet. What I should do is play the powerball so that I could save it.