Republicans Amongst Us

Travel discussion for St. John
KatieH

Post by KatieH »

Joshie - I think you need a new signature line:

He walks among you, and has a superior wit.

I may need to change mine, as the rules no longer apply 'en vacance'.
Joshie

Post by Joshie »

Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

I don't know about the general election. The Virign Islands did have a primary, and Sen. Obama did win it.

I guess I'm slow on the uptake, because I've missed all the conspiracy theories here, but personally I enjoy all the nice photos of St. John and generally find the commentary to be charming and sometimes even thought-provoking. And even though Joshie's identity is a bit of a mystery, he's not the first person to play make-believe on the Internet. I guess I don't mind if people hide behind an online personality as long as they don't do it to cause trouble. Some people have to be anonymous online for various reasons, and I don't have the time or inclination to try to figure out if they're "up" to something.

Anyhow, regardless, the beach looked nice and much warmer than cold, dreary Tennessee.
RD

Post by RD »

Root word of Joshie is 'josh'....hummmmm?!?!?
Betty

Post by Betty »

For inquiring minds i have a little bit to add about this trip.
We were at Caneel the same time as Sen McConnell and his very nice wife Elaine, The Senator stayed at the upper end unit at Hawsnest Beach and we were in the same building. The Senator did not have security while on the Caneel property, My husband and I were on the same shuttle with the couple at least 6 times that week and not a sight of security. Elaine mostly sat on the beach and read, she told me they spent there honeymoon at Caneel and they loved it, she asked us questions about Little Dix because we said that is where we went for our honeymoon. Elaine said they would like to try it sometime.
My husband went out one morning to go to the business center and he saw Senator McConnell coming back from town carrying bags of soda and snacks for the room. He was by himself. I thought that was great that he refuses to pay mini bar prices too. The Senator usually wore a baseball cap during the day and kept is head down and did not seem very friendly to people that recognized him. People would say good morning Senator when they got on the trolley and he would just nod. Elaine on the other hand was very outgoing and friendly, starting conversations with strangers like myself.
jdw

Post by jdw »

Betty wrote:For inquiring minds i have a little bit to add about this trip.
We were at Caneel the same time as Sen McConnell and his very nice wife Elaine, The Senator stayed at the upper end unit at Hawsnest Beach and we were in the same building. The Senator did not have security while on the Caneel property, My husband and I were on the same shuttle with the couple at least 6 times that week and not a sight of security. Elaine mostly sat on the beach and read, she told me they spent there honeymoon at Caneel and they loved it, she asked us questions about Little Dix because we said that is where we went for our honeymoon. Elaine said they would like to try it sometime.
My husband went out one morning to go to the business center and he saw Senator McConnell coming back from town carrying bags of soda and snacks for the room. He was by himself. I thought that was great that he refuses to pay mini bar prices too. The Senator usually wore a baseball cap during the day and kept is head down and did not seem very friendly to people that recognized him. People would say good morning Senator when they got on the trolley and he would just nod. Elaine on the other hand was very outgoing and friendly, starting conversations with strangers like myself.

Hey B - I hope you and your gang had a great birthday trip to St. John. What a great way to celebrate!

Did you ever hear from Gary at Mixology?
Betty

Post by Betty »

Hi J

We never heard back from Gary after multiple calls, I guess he might be out of business. The messages I left were on his cell voice mail. When is your trip?

B
Joshie

Post by Joshie »

Joshie

Post by Joshie »

Betty

Post by Betty »

Hi Joshie

I was not debating the DSS, I am sure when he went off Caneel they were assigned to guard him. I am just saying at Caneel they were no where in site, he could snorkel off Hawksnest and Scott without security. We sat about 10 feet from them on Caneels Hawsnest beach one morning and near them on Scott Beach and we never saw those bruisers or the boat out in the harbor. I think they ate most of their meals at Caneel, probably so they would not have to have security join them.
Thanks for your posts Joshie, I enjoy them and your photos :)
Jo Ann - VA

Post by Jo Ann - VA »

As the forum turns.....

It looks like a slow day at work for some of us! :lol:
Jo Ann
Always planning the next vacation...
In the system

Post by In the system »

Joshie,
I recognize you in the picture. I saw you at Trunk Bay taking pictures on or about Feb 17th. You had on the same shorts, no shirt, and the towel you are holding, in the newest picture, is the same one you used to cover your camera. You were walking down the beach, and you actually sat in the life guard stand and took pictures. You seemed to know a lot of the staff there. There was also a police boat out on that day. I now know the face, I just have to place a real name with it.
Chillin' on the beach with a cold one.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Betty

Post by Betty »

In The System You have the right week :)
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

Sounds like y'all may be close to solving the mystery.

Poor Joshie will have to go back into Witness Protection! :P
Joshie

Post by Joshie »