Travel discussion for St. John
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Joshie

Post by Joshie »

mahojim

Post by mahojim »

You guys crap/carp/crab/crack me the hell up!
MaryAnne- awesome pic! Made me thirsty!
Smiles-
MJ
carron

Post by carron »

Sweet Plantains has always been one of our favorites!
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

Now I really want a rum flight and a curry. Thanks guys!
esan

Sweet Plantains

Post by esan »

Try the scallops with the east indian curry. It comes with this cilantro mojo sauce that is amazing. Also has a fabulous wine list. Be wary of the pumpkin/ginger soup though. The first time we were there in 07 it was fantastic, but since then it has had way too much ginger. I think they may have a web site, so you can check their hours and menu. We will be there in March!
crasherino

Post by crasherino »

My Coral Bay geography isn't so great....can you walk from Sweet Plantains to Sputnik's?

I'll rephrase that (as Steven Wright said "everything is within walking distance if you have the time...") Is it within a comfortable 10-15 min walk?

We would like to go see InnerVision's in 2 weeks and as I don't relish the drive back from Coral Bay to GCB at night after a few cocktails, I was considering taxi'ing it. If Sweet Plantains is within "walking distance" that could be a perfect evening.
Pia

Post by Pia »

Yes it is probably a 10-15 min walk but all flat :) (bring a mini flashlite) but do check you can get a taxi back from Sputniks - not sure about that but I would doubt it :(

Pia
crasherino

Post by crasherino »

Pia wrote:Yes it is probably a 10-15 min walk but all flat :) (bring a mini flashlite) but do check you can get a taxi back from Sputniks - not sure about that but I would doubt it :(

Pia
Gotcha....I had such a great plan in my head, but never really considered that. Oh well, I'll look into the taxi situation, but if that doesn't work, I guess we'll draw straws as to who is staying sober