Rash Guards for women

Travel discussion for St. John
sea-nile

Rash Guards for women

Post by sea-nile »

I wasn't sure if this was off topic or not so if it is I am sorry.

I am looking for a rash guard. I want to get it by April because I am going to Cozumel. I'd prefer a women's size. I did get one as a gift for Christmas but I didn't like it. It didn't fit and the material wasn't very nice. It was real cheap.
I have never used one. What brand seems the best and do you usually go one size up from what you think you will need? I will have to order on-line.
Thanks!
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

Definitely ON topic and I'd be interested in your results. I would love to know if anyone has found any cute ones in women's (esp. women who are blessed in the chest) sizes.

I have several brands for my kids and the best of them all (most were just ones I found at target) is the Roxy I picked up for the little guy at Skinny Legs - 50% in August. It is very stretchy, good coverage and comfy on his skin.
bubblybrenda

Post by bubblybrenda »

I ordered a woman's size from 101Snorkel.com

It's feminine(white with pink flowers). It was cheap (about $30). Up here they're $60 or so.

Took only 4 days to arrive. Totally impressed me.

I haven't tried it yet but will get to wear it next week on St. John.
~Brenda~
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Terese - I got mine from Discount Beach Gear. Here's a link: http://www.buy-rash-guards.com/womens-rash-guard.html

I got the Navy Blue Hibiscus and it's GREAT! I love it! I got a size larger than I usually wear, just because I don't like skin-tight stuff. It fits close, but it's not too tight. However, since you're used to a wet suit, you might not mind it being a little more snug.

$29.95

emptynester

Coolibar

Post by emptynester »

I love my rashguard from Coolibar.com. It fits well without being too tight. They call it a swim shirt and it is deliberately looser. My daughter (30) wanted a little sportier look and just got one from Landsend.com and really likes it. She found the ones in the sporting goods stores were too tight and short even in an extra large but was able to wear her true size in the Lands End one.
Sharon
snorkeler525

Post by snorkeler525 »

I love my coolibar too - I got a zip up one and it is so easy to put on. I love that it isn't super tight also. Got hubby one, not a zip up, and he loves it too.
djmom

Post by djmom »

Try Athleta, they don't have a lot of choices for rash guards, but I have one of their rash guard tops- it is not cut to be snug at all but it still looks feminine. I love it. And good for us girls who have something up top too.

AWESOME bathing suits. I am not sure if mine will last for years like the Lands End ones, but maybe that's a good thing.

The only thing is they are long sleeved, but I wore mine at St. John over Thanksgiving and at the NC beaches in summer (HOT) and it was fine.

You can also look at Title Nine- I think they have rash guards
"Sponges grow in the ocean...I wonder how much deeper it would be if that didn't happen."
djmom

Post by djmom »

Look at the "summer shade tee" on Athleta under coverups. It is made of swimsuit material. If you click under "different views" you can see it on the model.

I just ordered the blue and the pink!
"Sponges grow in the ocean...I wonder how much deeper it would be if that didn't happen."
jmq

Post by jmq »

As a supplementary/secondary choice, besides the pricier and tighter fitting rash guards, I’ve found that the looser fitting and much cheaper “C9 by Champion” types of shirts available in places like Target (these are UnderArmour like poly workout/running shirts designed to wick away sweat) also work well for me as an all day wearing in and out of the water quick drying all purpose shirt in the islands. Lightweight, roll up real small, maybe some OK colors for women, I’m partial to the sleeveless muscle shirts for men.
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide
Jumbiegirl

Post by Jumbiegirl »

Try here:

www.coolibar.com

They have very nice things.
Trip #14 comes June 11, 2015!!
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

Another Coolibar fan here.

I like that they are looser fitting; very comfy. They dry pretty quickly, too. I found that I could stay in the water a lot longer (than with a cotton tee) before getting chilled.

For anyone not in a rush to buy, they had a great sale last year toward the end of the summer. Most items were half price and a good selection (I picked up 2).
janet
LMarie

Post by LMarie »

I purchased mine from http://www.isnorkel.com/category-exec/c ... ts-apparel. I got the "O'Neill women's Rum Runner rash tee." (I thought the name was appropriate for St. John!) :D The shirt arrived in just a few days. Also check out http://www.kristyjuv.com. I've not purchased from them, but they have some pretty rashguards and matching suits, shorts, capris, etc.
LMarie
jigzmom

Post by jigzmom »

Another option is Bart's Watersports www.barts.com They specialize in water skiing and wake boarding equipment, including wetsuits, rash guards, board shorts, etc.

I was thinking of ordering one from here:
http://www.onehornbuttfish.com/GoShopping.htm
But I think they are kids/mens sizes. Fun though! :D

I use a sleeveless quick-dry top I got years ago from Title 9 Sports:
www.titlenine.com Check the 'Swim' section, there's a really cute rash guard, the Mooloolaba. (link too long to post) Lots of great women's sports clothing.
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

Thanks everyone! I ended up getting one like yours California Girl, except in Royal Blue.
What would I do without this forum?!
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

I think you'll really like it! You'll have to report back! :D