Restaurant Reviews

Travel discussion for St. John
Jan&MikeVa

Restaurant Reviews

Post by Jan&MikeVa »

Hi all. I promised myself to post more restaurant reviews than I have in the past couple of years. :oops: :oops: I've got several done so far, will keep trying to catch up over the weekend. I know that these really help all of us, so I've started the New Year off on a roll; let's all keep this up!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The only one that really jumped out at us so far was The Tourist Trap. Not only does he have a varied menu, the food is very good, and the atmosphere is SO CORAL BAY!!

Jan
mcpenguin5

Post by mcpenguin5 »

I have to agree about the Tourist Trap. We stopped there after a Salt Pond day, and I have to admit I was surprised how great it was. I had read the write-up in the VI paper about it, and our grandson was dying to see the bathroom (AKA the C**P Shack!), being an 11 year old boy. We never expected it to be so much fun. Not only was the food great, the friendliness and humor made for a really fun meal. We were in no hurry to get up and leave. You're right, it is SOOO Coral Bay. Delightful place.

McPenguin5
:D
Pianogrl

Post by Pianogrl »

Thanks for this post Jan. We all are such creatures of habit, we like our old familiar wonderful places so it's nice to be able to count on good reviews to encourage us to try new places. Looking forward to trying Tourist Trap in May!
loria

Post by loria »

another vote for the tourist trap!--Larry is really awesome--he makes the best meatballs (acc to my son) and wings (my daughter) we spent WAY too much time there (actually, we didn't spend enough!)
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
MistB'Haven

Post by MistB'Haven »

Thumbs up to the Tourist Trap and the lobstah rolls and fish tacos. Had dinner last night at Shipwreck Landing and it was very good. Brunch at Miss Lucy's - lobster benedict. YUMMY!!!