Eden's Whim Villa

Travel discussion for St. John
scubamom5

Eden's Whim Villa

Post by scubamom5 »

Hi all, Has anyone stayed or visted in the Eden's Whim villa in Chocolate Hole? My family, including grandparents, uncle and aunt will be staying there in April. Thanks :D
jb4stern

Post by jb4stern »

I just stayed at Eden's Whim back in May and can't recommend it enough, especially for large groups. We had a small issue with the AC not working in one of the bedrooms (which I'm sure has been fixed by now), but other than that, everything was absolutely perfect.

Not sure what kind of info you'd like, but I'd be more than happy to share any pictures or experiences I had while I was there. Just let me know.
scubamom5

Post by scubamom5 »

I'd love to see your photos. I'm alittle nervous renting this time because my husband and I are bringing our parents along on this trip. Usually, we're pretty easy going, but the folks are alittle older and have minor health issues. My dad likes his AC at night and is a diabetic, so we will be cooking meals in the villa for the most part. Is the kitchen fully stocked and did the sauna work properly? Many thanks for any and info you could share (as well as photos) Pat
jb4stern

Post by jb4stern »

I'll give you a little info about our group and what we had going on, so hopefully that will help calm any nerves you might have.

My (now) wife and I went to St. John to get married in May '08. We rented Eden's Whim because we wanted something large enough to house our families while they were on the island. Our group consited of my mother, sister, brother-in-law, nephew, father-in-law, mother-in-law, best friend, his wife, my wife, and me. While no one in our group has any real health issues, the age range was 8 to 64, and the villa served our purpose perfectly.

We cooked in the villa for the first couple of days and found that we had everything that we needed, with the exception of paper plates and paper towels. The villa was stocked with all of the necessary utensils, appliances, dishes, and really just about anything you would need to function. It also had a fair amount of spices and seasonings, plus, the refrigerator had a small welcome basket that consisted of some fruit, Corona, Gatorade, and sodas.

As far as the AC goes, we only had problems with one bedroom, and that was my Mom's. Since the family was only there for a couple of days, once it didn't get fixed immediately, we just blew it off. I'm sure the AC has long since been fixed and with it working, the rooms were plenty comfortable. It's also worth mentioning that the groundskeeper is very close to the property and responded very quickly with any issues we had.

After speaking with all of our guests (we also held a small wedding reception there), I would say that the villa surpassed all expectations. It was well kept, comfortable, and allowed for privacy when needed. The deck was huge, and the pool was magnificient. The hot tub worked also worked exceptionally for the entire week.

I'm at work right now, but once i get home I'll post some pictures that show a little more than the rental site does. Again, I'll say that everyone in my group loved it.
jb4stern

Post by jb4stern »

Here's a link to a Web Album I put together for you...hope it works. We had quite a few people taking pictures so there may be several shots of the same thing. It was also tough finding pictures without people in the, so I'm sure you'll see plenty of my kooky gang.

Anyway, here's the link: http://picasaweb.google.com/jwbragg/Ede ... directlink

I'll be happy to answer any other questions you may have...I love talking about the St. John!
scubamom5

Post by scubamom5 »

Thanks so much for your post and wonderful photos. I can just picture our motley crew mulling about. Alittle less than 3 months til paradise, I can't wait! Many thanks again, Pat