Disney site??

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
BAILEYBAY

Disney site??

Post by BAILEYBAY »

Someone had posted an "everything you could ever need to know" about Disneyworld. My daughters family is going and I can't seem to find it. Help please..... :)
loria

Post by loria »

http://allears.net/index.html

all ears is a good site for planning a trip to disney!
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
BAILEYBAY

Post by BAILEYBAY »

Thank You Loria
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

I was just thinking about this site so I am glad someone posted the link.

We may plan a trip for fall 09
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

allearsnet.com is the best site for quick access to all of the dining options--menus and stuff like that.

Another great overall site: wdwinfo.com

and their forums (HUGE! and the best, I think) disboards.com

also check out touringplans.com for crowd level predictions for your dates.

I grew up going to Disney and now take my niece and nephew every year so if you have any specific questions feel free to ask me.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

AllEars is hands down the best site. Also I found the Unofficial Guide to Disney World the best printed book out there. It's impresive and worth reading before you go.

The trick to Disney is to have a plan before you go. It's so overwhelming that it can be paralyzing and let's face it time is money.

Ina ddition some experiences can't be booked the day of. If something is a "must do" than anything you can do to reserve it in advance is a big help.

A little advance planning before visiting the Mouse is a must!

My other big tip for folk visitng the mouse is one that many overlook.

Price out the cost of the concierge level at the on-site hotels (if staying on Disney property).

If going off season this isn't always THAT more expensive.

And when you factor in all the free food and beverages plus a concierge that can book you and put you at the front of the line for just about anything you are definitely getting what you pay for.

We've stayed at teh Animal Kingdom Lodge several times on their concierge level and can't say enough about it!
*Another fine scatterbrained production
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Gromit wrote:Price out the cost of the concierge level at the on-site hotels (if staying on Disney property).

If going off season this isn't always THAT more expensive.

And when you factor in all the free food and beverages plus a concierge that can book you and put you at the front of the line for just about anything you are definitely getting what you pay for.

We've stayed at teh Animal Kingdom Lodge several times on their concierge level and can't say enough about it!
Important for Baileybay! The concierge level at the Disney resorts provides many wonderful perks, including some unique to each resort, but it does not get you to the front of the line for the rides at the parks. Just FYI. I did not want you to get overly excited! :wink:
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
pipanale

Post by pipanale »

Funny...I never liked allears.net. Something about them really pissed me off. (Looks at site). Oh yea...I remember why.

If you want to read people rant about the same retreaded threads over and over and over and over again, look at laughingplace.com or intercot.com

I can proudly say I was once banned from intercot at multiple IP addresses for being an insensitive bastard.

Pack a wallet. That's really all you need.

Hi. My name is Rob and I'm a recovering Disneyaholic. It's been 15 months since my last visit.
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

Liamsaunt-- You are correct-- I meant what I said in terms of reservations, special programs etc. It does not apply to the actual lines for rides at the park.

They always hold back seats or tables or spots on tours for concierge guests that are not available to everyone unless they are unused by concierge guests.

IT's also nice to just list out what you want to do and let the concierge staff make the reservatons for you rather than having to call yourself.

A classic example is the Character breakfast at Cinderella's castle. Most folks are on the phone dialing the minute that they can to reserve these spots.

But the concierge will do that for you and I have never had a problem getting exactly what I wanted on the day and time that I wanted it.
*Another fine scatterbrained production
BAILEYBAY

Post by BAILEYBAY »

Thanks everyone. We have been to Disneyworld twice. Once in 2001 with our 2 oldest grandchildren, then again in 2006 with our 3 middle grandkids. One more trip in 4 years with our youngest (and last) grandson. I have the book already from our last visit and I will make sure my daughter gets it but I was not aware of the concierge service. I will have her check that out. Thanks for all the tips.
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

I used to work there (lifeguard at the Contemporary for two summers - 97, 98 )...And go back with my family every year. Might be able to help out if you have some specific questions about resorts and/or attractions.
July 2003 - Honeymoon at The Westin
July 2004 - Glenmar, Gifft Hill
July 2005 - Arco Iris, Fish Bay
December 2007 - Dreamcatcher, GCB
July 2008 - Ellison Villa, VGE
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

Oh, and I am also not a fan of allears...

In my opinion, this is the best, most informative disney site:

http://www.disboards.com/
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

PA Girl wrote:I was just thinking about this site so I am glad someone posted the link.

We may plan a trip for fall 09
Hey PA Girl...They were running a 4 for 3 promo last month (buy four nights get three free)...and it was good at any of their resorts (which is RARE - usually when they do any type of promo, the deluxe resorts are omitted from the deal)...Anyway, we booked 7 nights at the Poly in May for almost 50% of the regular price. If you haven't, you should check into this (not sure if it's still running).
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

SJfromNJ wrote:Disboards forum is a good resource for Q&A. There are some there who are way too into minuscule details, but are knowledgeable.

I am going in July/Aug to Kennedy Space center/Disney to watch a shuttle launch and a few days at Disney with my 5 y/o. Can you say sweat?
Agreed...And they are VERY into Disney...bordering on obsessive.

And Allears does have some benefits over Disboards...They put all of the menus, etc online which is pretty invaluable information when you're planning a trip.

So SJ...what's your fav restaurant there? I'd have to go with Canada (Le Cellier) in EPCOT. Great filet and cheddar cheese soup.
Last edited by soxfan22 on Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.