PA/NJ Forum Gathering Dec 30th in King of Prussia, PA

Travel discussion for St. John
Nancy_B

PA/NJ Forum Gathering Dec 30th in King of Prussia, PA

Post by Nancy_B »

All,

There will be a PA/NJ Forum Gathering at Bahama Breeze (http://www.bahamabreeze.com) in King of Prussia, PA at 6:30 p.m. on December 30, 2008. So far, the following have expressed interested:

MahoJim (and smiling Amy)
Bug
PAGirl
DClapp
Connie (and husband Glen)
Mr and Mrs. B
CaribChris
SJfromNJ
Patrick
SusanNJ
PSUFan
Nancy_B (and husband Ron)

Quite a crowd - should be a fun time! Please chime in if you can make it or if you're listed and if this doesn't work for you. We can meet at the bar and just need to figure out how to identify each other. I have met PAGirl before so that will be easy :)

Fun times!
NancyB
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

I would recommend the glow bracelets for quick identification plus it gives you good Beach Bar memories.

I do not, however, recommend losing the little connectors for the bracelets.
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

Lulu-
I read about that at the forum gathering at the Beach bar! :roll:
Nancy-
I'm requesting off from work tomorrow for the 30th, so that's fine with us! I'm also trying to get a few others from "different forums" involved, as well.
Do you want to make it a 'theme' party-thing, or just stick with Lulus' advice about the bracelets?
Hope the date is good for everyone! Look out Bahama Breeze!!!
Smiles-
MJ
Nancy_B

Post by Nancy_B »

Lulu, losing the connectors was at the expense of a cute boy so I think that's acceptable :)

Jimmy, I hope a Tuesday night is easy to get off for you. We could all wear St. John t-shirts or hats but since it will be end of December and very cold here, probably not the best idea. So, glow bracelets are fine with me (unless someone else has a better suggestion). Lulu, where did you buy them?
NancyB
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

SPEEDOS! :twisted:
Just kidding... whatevevr works for me! This is going to be fun!
Is Pipanale in, or do you have them listed under another name?
Smiles-
MJ
Bug

Post by Bug »

Mr.Bug and I are in!!! Must we say the password (Mekka Lekka Hiney Ho) to get served???? This is great. Since it's around the Holiday's, do you think we should get a head count and call ahead for seating or are we just doing the bar?

XOXO
Bug
Nancy_B

Post by Nancy_B »

Jimmy, No SPEEDOS - you'll scare Connie away :)
Pipanale is in town in December but not the week we're having the gathering. I suggested rescheduling it but then thought KOP before the holidays would be UGLY so figured it's best to stick with the 30th since others has already said it worked.

Bug, I can call and ask for a reserved area at the bar if they'll do it as we get closer. We can then drink and order apps at the bar.
NancyB
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

:cry:
Can I wear them OVER my pants?
:lol:
Good thinking about the pre Xmas crowds.
Smiles-
MJ
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

I got mine at Toys R Us, but they were a Halloween item there.

I was going to recommend Oriental Trading, but they seem pricy there. I do, however, see that Party City has them on their web site (and allegedly at the stores), so that might be a place to check.

http://www.partycity.com/cgi-bin/search/search_286.cgi
Connie

Post by Connie »

OK Jim, I dare you to wear the speedo over your pants, then we can film it, put it on youtube and all the forums!!
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

Connie, my dear, I thought you saw the pix from the trip...
Clearly you have no idea who you're dealing with.
Smiles-
Jimmy
loria

Post by loria »

hey pa/nj crowd, not to crash,
but you can usually find a great price on glow bracelets or necklaces on ebay.......i give them out at halloween (and i give candy too--i am not that stupid!)
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
stjhome

Post by stjhome »

I am a long time lurker, I have to tell you, I live on St. John but am sooo jealous that you all are meeting in King of Prussia. I moved here from Valley Forge and one of the things I miss most is King of Prussia mall at Christmas time. Christmas shopping online or on St. Thomas just isn't the same.

Have a great time and have a warm drink for me, I will have a cold one for you at the Beach Bar same night.
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

My sweet Amy is under the assumption that we can pick up the Glo-Bracelets at Party City, not too far from us at all.She's pretty reliable with all the shopping stuff, so we'll check it out. All we need is a final head-count.
Smiles-
MJ
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

STJhome-
We're with you in spirit! Wish we were there!
Smiles-
MJ