Options for church?

Travel discussion for St. John
Nic in KC

Options for church?

Post by Nic in KC »

We'll be leaving tomorrow and since this trip we are actually going to be on island for a Sunday morning, we were thinking about trying to attend church. Anyone done this?

Usually don't go to church on vacation, but thought it'd be a good thing to experience. We attend a non demonational church at home.

Thanks,
Nicolle
silverheels

Post by silverheels »

There's a 9AM service at the Nazareth Church on the road to the ferry dock and a 9:30 service at Our Lady of Mt. Carmel on the corner across from Wharfside. Have a great trip.
Puddlejumper

Post by Puddlejumper »

3Sail Church is a non denominational Christian church. Temporarily meeting in the upper Gift Hill School building at 10AM Sundays. PM me for more info.
danoinvt

church

Post by danoinvt »

Hi,

I don't know to which Nazareth church the prior poster refers, but Nazareth by the Sea Episcopal Church worships at 5 pm Sundays at the Montessori School in Redhook.

If you are looking for a morning service, I highly recommend the St. Thomas Reformed Church, which is in downtown Charlotte Amalie, at 9 am. Head down the main street (one-way, where all the shops are), take a right just before Mr. Tablecloth, and another right on "Back" Street (Wimmelskafts Gade). Go 2-3 blocks, the left ons Nye Gade--and mid-block left into the parking lot. Great music, welcoming people and a warm, Christian message.

If you happened to pick up one of the Esso maps, it's on there.

I'm sure you'll enjoy.
hugo

Post by hugo »

The Nazareth Lutheran Church is in Cruz Bay (between the First Bank and the dock), not to be confused with the area called Estate Nazareth in St. Thomas. The Anglican church, St. Ursula's, across from Tamarind Court, is also very welcoming to visitors.
gymnastika

Post by gymnastika »

Last year, we went to the pentecostal church and had an enjoyable time. We tried to go back this year but couldn't find it so we went to Cruz Bay Baptist church. I always enjoy going to churches wherever we vacation. It's a great way to be part of the community.
silverheels

Post by silverheels »

Forgot to mention the Moravian Church in Coral Bay, if you happen to be on that side of the island. A very old and distinctive church.
KathyMN

Post by KathyMN »

We've been warmly welcomed at Nazareth Lutheran in Cruz Bay on every visit. And, since we've always had to plan our vacations around school holidays, we've had the priveledge of celebrating Easter, Palm Sunday, and Christmas services with them over the years. As someone else said, it really makes us feel like a "part of the community".