Palin...are you freakin' kidding?!

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Last edited by DELETED on Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bayer40601

Post by bayer40601 »

I hardly think Sen. Biden's gaffe compares to Gov. Palin's answer to the Katie Couric queston about what newspapers she reads to keep up with the issues. Her answer--all of them. Could not even come with the name of one newspaper, not even the Wasilla, AK Frontiersman or the Anchorage Daily News.
How many more days?
mrsb

Post by mrsb »

SJ,
I really wish you could see past the making light of someone's accent (or looks or whatever). Mrb and I make fun of lots of things including accents, even in our own family. We even make fun of the Philly accent when they say Eggles meaning Eagles. It's not meant to harm. We both have a sarcastic sense of humor. The thanks but no thanks thing was funny when all the sound bites were spliced together one after the other. Perfect example of political parrot sound bites. She's not alone in that.

About the debate,
What bothered me most about the debate was the total avoidance of issues. Our country is going down in flames financially and the moderator comes out with the question "What are your views on gay marriage?" Really? You think we need to go there? I mean, should this even be a blip on the radar of our country right now?
She might as well have said- "Now I know that you two are running for second highest office in our country and I know that the credit system is coming to a screeching halt and I know that people are losing their jobs and their homes but tell me how do you feel about Bill & Phil getting married?" If either one of them had the balls or the compassion for country to say "Look, does it really matter how I feel about that right now, we are in a crisis situation, let's talk about that" I would've voted for that ticket.
This country does not really want change. For the most part people do not want to hear what really needs to happen and legislators don't care as long as they are getting their backs scratched. If we really did we'd stop going along with this bureaucracy as it stands and demand some real answers. It's not enough to say you're voting for someone because you don't like the other choice. Is that what we have come to?
When will I see St John again?
bayer40601

Post by bayer40601 »

SJfromNJ-Creeping up in Wisconsin--I don't think so.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls ... a-549.html
How many more days?
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Last edited by DELETED on Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
bayer40601

Post by bayer40601 »

By SJfromNJ: From 11 points ahead to 5 poinst ahead with an error of +-5, it is pretty close.

SJ-It appears you have misread the data. The 5.0 you are talking about is an average of all of the Wisconsin polls going back to earlier this year, including some polls which showed Sen. McCain ahead. The most recent poll shows Sen. Obama ahead by 9% and the trend, based on that web site has been an increasing lead for Sen. Obama. While there were times Sen. Obama was ahead by 11 & 13, there were also times when he was only up by 1%, but the trend from there has been wider margins.

Also, as to the average, there is no margin of error. The average is just that--an average of the various polls. For the margin of error of any particular poll you would have to look at that poll.
Last edited by bayer40601 on Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
How many more days?
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
DaveS007

Post by DaveS007 »

Y a w n :roll:
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
bayer40601

Post by bayer40601 »

By SJfromNJ: "I just put my cursor on the chart all the way on the right and looked as of 10/3 it was 48% to 43% with a +-5 point error."

I am assuming you are talking about the graph. If you look at the label on the graph, it says that is the average. The +5 means the average of all 27 of the Wisconsin polls (beginning in December 2007 and running through Sept 28, 2008). The average margin in those 27 polls is +5 for Sen. Obama, but again that is the average, not the results of a particular poll. The most recent poll indicates a +9% margin.
Last edited by bayer40601 on Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
How many more days?
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
bayer40601

Post by bayer40601 »

SJfromNJ wrote: "So whats wrong with the average? You don't like reality? I could probably find a poll where Bugs Bunny is leading."

Reality is in the latest poll from Wisconsin, Sen. Obama is up by 9%.

If you find a poll saying Bugs Bunny is leading I will be gald to look at it.
How many more days?
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

mrsb wrote:SJ,
I really wish you could see past the making light of someone's accent (or looks or whatever). Mrb and I make fun of lots of things including accents, even in our own family. We even make fun of the Philly accent when they say Eggles meaning Eagles. It's not meant to harm. We both have a sarcastic sense of humor. The thanks but no thanks thing was funny when all the sound bites were spliced together one after the other. Perfect example of political parrot sound bites. She's not alone in that.

About the debate,
What bothered me most about the debate was the total avoidance of issues. Our country is going down in flames financially and the moderator comes out with the question "What are your views on gay marriage?" Really? You think we need to go there? I mean, should this even be a blip on the radar of our country right now?
She might as well have said- "Now I know that you two are running for second highest office in our country and I know that the credit system is coming to a screeching halt and I know that people are losing their jobs and their homes but tell me how do you feel about Bill & Phil getting married?" If either one of them had the balls or the compassion for country to say "Look, does it really matter how I feel about that right now, we are in a crisis situation, let's talk about that" I would've voted for that ticket.
This country does not really want change. For the most part people do not want to hear what really needs to happen and legislators don't care as long as they are getting their backs scratched. If we really did we'd stop going along with this bureaucracy as it stands and demand some real answers. It's not enough to say you're voting for someone because you don't like the other choice. Is that what we have come to?
Very well said, mrsb!

It seems like just the other day the BIG issue on everyones mind was illegal immegration (we have another term for that in Texas, but it's not too politically correct).....how did that fall off the map?? Talk about a drain on our schools and hospitals.

We have so many problems in this country, I don't know why anyone would want to be president. :cry: