We're going back!

Travel discussion for St. John
smilesfromMN

We're going back!

Post by smilesfromMN »

I've just booked Caneel Trailside and airline tickets for March 2009! So excited! Hubby and I did Cinnamon Bay Campground in 1998, took our two boys (2 & 5 at the time) to Corcordia in Jan 2007 and we'll be easin' it (as opposed to roughin' it) in 2009!! Both Cinnamon Bay and Corcordia were beautiful and unique but we learned last time that we need to vacation a little less rustically with the kids (although they will miss our concordia tree house as they call it and the 100 hermit crabs on the hill ready to eat any fruit scraps you throw to them - so cool!).
We gave them the choice of doing Disney or St. John and they both immediately said "St. John for sure"! What great kids! :D
So now we wait and have fun reviewing all of our pictures and trip journal from last trip! Oh, gotta go... 7 year old just lost a tooth...!
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

how fun for you and your family!
Roberto

Post by Roberto »

Congratulations! We'll be there in March too.
smilesfromMN

Post by smilesfromMN »

Thanks! Now I'm just checking to see if my new counter works...
smilesfromMN

Post by smilesfromMN »

Nope, no counter... must have done something wrong. Maybe now...
smilesfromMN

Post by smilesfromMN »

Hooray- got it!
KathyMN

Post by KathyMN »

You know, there's just not anything better than having a STJ trip on the horizon to help make it through one of our winters. We're going in December... (the only time our mutual schedules would allow).... But it will be tough coming back from paradise knowing that we've got a loooonnnngggg, hard, empty January through April to look forward to.
Hope you have a great trip, and it's fun to see another Minnesota STJ lover on the board. :)
JC

Post by JC »

Hi Smiles! Congrats on the new plans! We fly out of MSP too! Mind sharing your airfare? We made a great deal on our October tix...but NO luck :shock: so far with March...eek!!! Thanks!

Jen
11 & Out
154 & Counting...

"I didn't come here...and I ain't leavin'"
piscesgirl0314

Post by piscesgirl0314 »

GREAT! I know my daughter would pick STJ over disney. We went to Disney in April and now have a 10 day trip to STJ planned for June...yay. Love it...
StJohnMike

Post by StJohnMike »

Hi, KathyMN, when are you coming down? I'll be there Nov. 24th-Dec. 17th this year.
"But it will be tough coming back from paradise knowing that we've got a loooonnnngggg, hard, empty January through April to look forward to."
I know exactly how you feel.
It is good to see other Minnesotans on the board, if anyone needs to escape to STJ in the winter it's Minnesotans, right?
smilesfromMN

Post by smilesfromMN »

Jen-
We absolutely DID NOT get good airfare for March - close to $700/person!! :shock: :shock: It's more than we paid in 2007, but actually not much more than we paid in 1998 from St. Louis... I really don't understand airfares.
But hey, it's already booked and paid for, so it's our way of stimulating this crazy economy! (How's that for justification??) :D
KathyMN

Post by KathyMN »

StJohnMike wrote:Hi, KathyMN, when are you coming down? I'll be there Nov. 24th-Dec. 17th this year.
It is good to see other Minnesotans on the board, if anyone needs to escape to STJ in the winter it's Minnesotans, right?
Hi StJohnMike (and Smiles too....)
We'll be in St. Maarten from Dec 20 to 27 and STJ from Dec 27 to Jan 3, so we'll just miss you. Bummer. But you're right.... we Minnesotans "deserve" a great escape during the winter. :lol: My son's a senior this year, and for the first time he actully gets 2 weeks off for the holidays... so we decided to take advantage of it (even though we'd prefer to travel in Feb/March.) I'm impressed, Smiles, that you found an airfare for $700. The best we could find over Christmas was $1200 from MSP or Chicago. Hence the first week on SXM w/ a direct flight on Suncountry..., assuming they're still in business. Makes me more than a little bit nervous right now. Crossing my fingers (and toes).
:shock:
Kathy
FZNinMN

Post by FZNinMN »

smilesfromMN, I share in your excitement! Only a few more days and we're also off to St John! Just in time as MN starts to cool down.
FZNinMN

Post by FZNinMN »

testing my ticker.
FZNinMN

Post by FZNinMN »

:)