Secret Harbour or Gallows Point?

Travel discussion for St. John
jdw

Post by jdw »

Hi Liamsaunt - You mention that you are going to be staying at two villas that you have previously rented. Just curious - are you staying at Argonauta again? We booked that villa for our trip in November and I remember you gave it a good review. I am a little nervous, however, because I have not seen any reviews on it in a long time.

BTW - Go ahead and stay in STT for two days since you will have 17 days in STJ - lucky girl!

jdw
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

jdw wrote:Hi Liamsaunt - You mention that you are going to be staying at two villas that you have previously rented. Just curious - are you staying at Argonauta again? We booked that villa for our trip in November and I remember you gave it a good review. I am a little nervous, however, because I have not seen any reviews on it in a long time.

jdw
Yes, we are rerenting Argonauta and Cinnamon Tarn again. They are both incredible villas. If you have any questions about Argonauta, or if there is anything you are particularly concerned about, feel free to ask! I absolutely loved both villas. We always said we would never stay in the same place twice, but after last year's experiences at these places, we had to go back!

Still thinking on the Gallows/Secret Harbour thing...
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
jdw

Post by jdw »

Thanks liamsaunt - The only thing I can think of to ask right now is how far away from town the villa is and if the driveway is easy to navigate.

I am looking forward to your trip report because they are always so thorough.

Let us know what you decide about STT.

Take care.

Jamie
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

jdw wrote:Thanks liamsaunt - The only thing I can think of to ask right now is how far away from town the villa is and if the driveway is easy to navigate.

I am looking forward to your trip report because they are always so thorough.

Let us know what you decide about STT.

Take care.

Jamie
Argonauta is a pretty easy drive to town--maybe 5 minutes? It's all paved.

The driveway...well, it's nothing like the scary driveway someone posted a picture of last week! The funny thing about the driveway is the angle of it. You can't turn off the road and drive down head in. You either have to back down the driveway or continue down the road past the driveway, turn around at the end of the road, and approach it from that angle. The good news is that there is enough room to turn the car around at the base of the driveway, so you don't have to drive up in reverse. What worked best for us was for me to get out of the car and guide John in backing down the driveway.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.