Transportation from STT Airport and ferry to STJ

Travel discussion for St. John
muyfamily

Transportation from STT Airport and ferry to STJ

Post by muyfamily »

Looking for transportation for a party of 9 from STT airport to the ferry. There are 2 adults and 7 children under 18. Any ideas on what would be the easiest for this party? My husband and I will already be on STJ and our daughters plus another family will be coming for our 2nd week. We want to make the trip from the airport to STJ as painless as possible. :roll:
Pia

Post by Pia »

The taxi's on STT hold 10 people (they are vans) and they wait until they are full to leave - so it is perfect that you have 9 you will have your own taxi and won't have to wait for anyone else.

It is $15.00 per person to Red Hook :)

Pia
susan & herb

Post by susan & herb »

Call Rachel! She will meet them and take them to the ferry. Clean van, and wonderful person. Check to make sure she has seating for everyone. I am sure her phone number will be posted in response to your question. I am at work, so I don't have it with me.
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

I replied to you on the other forum, but I have a friend that is a taxi driver if you would like her name. She will be waiting at the airport and will take you directly to the ferry.
susan & herb

Post by susan & herb »

islandgirl is referring to Rachel. She was the one that gave me her phone number. Many here on the forum have used her. Wonderful person.
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

Yeah, I'd go with somoene like rachel. Another option since you have a decent sized group is to just go ahead and do your own private water taxi. You might actually come out ahead and not have to wait for the ferry.

Just a thought...
*Another fine scatterbrained production
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

If I had a group with that many people, I'd go the private water taxi route myself.

I think Dohm's is the company that does that.
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

Gromit wrote:Yeah, I'd go with somoene like rachel. Another option since you have a decent sized group is to just go ahead and do your own private water taxi. You might actually come out ahead and not have to wait for the ferry.

Just a thought...
Gromit and Lu beat me to it but I would suggest the same, especially if there are any little kids in the group.

We all like to spend our vacation $s differently but with our luggage and travelling with a small child, Dohm's was an affordable (for us) upgrade. I think it was about $7 more pp.
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

Between the cab and ferry, it's going to be at least $20. And that's without luggage fees. If you are arriving during the day, Dohm's Web site says it is $25. To me, it's worth it to just have the taxi to yourself and not have to worry about coordinating all those children on the ferry and in cabs.
brenda

Post by brenda »

http://www.dolphinshuttle.com/

We have used this operation twice for a group of six and were happy with them. I didn't do the math, but I agree with a group that size, I would go for the convenience of the water taxi.
Going "home" again October 26th!
Barb Y

Post by Barb Y »

Dohm's is great! I would think with the kids it would make life a lot easier and it is fun.