DELETED

Travel discussion for St. John
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

They work great for josphines greens you wash them and give them a spin being dry they last longer with out wilting
brenda

Post by brenda »

I have a salad spinner and love it! It really just gets the excess water off of the lettuce. No worries about it all sticking to the side. I like to wash and spin the lettuce, then let it chill for a couple of hours if I have time. It makes the crispest salad ever.
Going "home" again October 26th!
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

Did anyone request a Brita filter? I know it's not technically a cooking item, but I do appreciate when a villa has one. Maybe I'm nuts, but I'll drink the tap water if I have a filter, and I think it tastes fine. I try to avoid bottled water because of the environmental effects of it.
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Post by Marcia (Mrs. Pete) »

Be sure to get a couple of large plastic trays...great for carrying things out to the table and/or pool area. Also, be sure that you provide a lot of good quality plastic cups/plates/bowls. Your guests will bring drinks and food to the pool area.

Another nice thing to have in the kitchen is a place to "dump" stuff. We usually grab a large bowl and throw our keys, loose change, cell phones, etc...in there. One villa had a rack with pens, a blank note pad, guest book, phone book, contact information set by the phone in the kitchen. Very handy.
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Missing St. John. As always.
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Lulu76 wrote: Maybe I'm nuts, but I'll drink the tap water if I have a filter
Yup, you're nuts! Even with a filter I could never dring cistern water after all the stories I've heard about what has been found floating belly-up in various cisterns! LOL!
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

I think it's because my parents have a spring and a cistern at their house, and it gets plenty of critters in it. (My grandpa used to say -- as long as they're alive, you know the water's good!) So, I'm used to drinking water that hasn't been run through a processing plant! I figure if our house doesn't have a filter, that I will go and get the big jugs from that place in the Lumberyard that people mention. (I should probably get a name before tomorrow, eh?) I just don't ever drink water from little plastic bottles anymore. I'm not very good at helping the environment, but that's one easy thing to do!

Last bumped by Anonymous on Mon Dec 25, 2023 5:12 pm.