Undecided Voters

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
California Girl

Undecided Voters

Post by California Girl »

I'm not starting a new political thread, and I don't want any negative comments on this one. I just wanted to share this little gem I got in my e-mail. No, I didn't check it out with snopes.com, and I don't care if it's an authentic quote or not. I'm only posting it because it's funny and I'm undecided. I think I want my chicken marinated in Cruz Bay Grill Rub, please. :)

"I look at these people and can't quite believe that they exist. Are they professional actors? I wonder. Or are they simply laymen who want a lot of attention? To put them in perspective, I think of being on an airplane.

The flight attendant comes down the aisle with her food cart and, eventually, parks it beside my seat. "Can I interest you in the chicken?" she asks. "Or would you prefer the platter of shit with bits of broken glass in it? To be undecided in this election is to pause for a moment and then ask how the chicken is cooked."
- Author David Sedaris, on undecided voters.
Maryanne

Post by Maryanne »

People seem so polarized that it's hard to imagine undecideds are still out there.

Funny piece. It's authentic. In the New Yorker last week.
loria

Post by loria »

yep it was in the nyer--great little piece--david sedaris is hysterical
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

I actually agree with this (except the pile of shit part). John McCain and Sarah Palin could close up shop for the next 5 days, and it would probably have absolutely no impact on the outcome of the election.

This election will be a referendum on the character, the competence, and the degree to which people are comfortable voting in the rather inexperienced and untested Barack Obama.
July 2003 - Honeymoon at The Westin
July 2004 - Glenmar, Gifft Hill
July 2005 - Arco Iris, Fish Bay
December 2007 - Dreamcatcher, GCB
July 2008 - Ellison Villa, VGE
pjayer

Post by pjayer »

Thanks for the much-needed levity, Margo. I have no idea whether we agree on anything other than STJ, but I don't care. You crack me up. :lol:

(Weren't you going to the mall to do a little voting last weekend? What happened? Couldn't find anything that fit? Remember, the inaugural ball will be here before we know it. Better find something soon. :wink: )
When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Kentucky, because everything there happens 20 years after it happens anywhere else. – Mark Twain
linne

Post by linne »

CA girl!

I read in another topic that you still were undecided.

You have strong Danish blood in your veins 8) .

How can you still be undecided :o .

You of course have to represent your Danish relative- me :) :) !

Linne
California Girl

PJ - Never made it to the mall last weekend, but will go this Sat. I think I need something made out of waffles for the inaugural!

Linne - I am painfully "on the fence" as we say. I think both sides have their good points and their bad points. For me, it's coming down to "who do I dislike the least", because I really don't like either of them. I thought I'd never hear myself say this, but I'd vote for Hillary right this very minute, given the choices. Then again, I might write in Tina Fey! After reading what you've written about life in Denmark, it sounds very appealing to me. It MUST be my Danish blood!
pjayer

Post by pjayer »

Hi Linne. Just want you to know I appreciate all your posts. As I've said before, I think it's important that we, as Americans, learn how the rest of the world views us. Please don't stop sharing your opinions and experiences with us.

If Ruth wins, I hope we're both appointed to her cabinet. I think we'd have fun.
When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Kentucky, because everything there happens 20 years after it happens anywhere else. – Mark Twain
linne

Post by linne »

I might write in Tina Fey

Sorry, again I don't understand.What/who is Tina Fey?

But CA girl. I'm glad you can feel the Danish blood, and I hope that I will be able to tell my friends that I have voted for Obama - just represented with a relative with an American pasport :D . About Hillary. She was my favorite from the beginning. I know she for many years has wanted to change the health care system. Also she has the needed experience.

Pjayer, thank you for your nice words. Yes I'm sure we will have fun if we are choosed to the cabinet :lol: . I miss the fun in this topic, why didn't people continue :?:

But now I have to find my bed. It's over midnight here in DK.

"See You" tomorrow

Linne
California Girl

Good morning Linne! We have a TV program here called "Saturday Night Live", which really is broadcast live. Many famous actors got their start on that show. Tina Fey used to be both a writer & performer on the show until she moved on to produce & star in her own TV show, "30 Rock".

Tina was called back to be a guest star on SNL to impersonate Sarah Palin. She is uncanny. Here is a video of them side-by-side. Tina is on the right.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3489Kq0MZP4&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3489Kq0MZP4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Also, here is a video of Ms. Palin, herself, appearing on the show a week or two ago. It's kind of long, but you get to see both the real Sarah Palin and Tina Fey "being" Sarah. And you will see Alec Baldwin call her "hot" and Ms. Palin, herself, say the words "Caribou Barbie". I think you'll find it interesting and it might help you to understand where some of the comments on other threads are coming from. (I have to put the link because embedding has been disabled on this one)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br5jGTlX7sU

Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

I voted today.

(Margo, it was that e-mail I got that pushed me over the edge. Suffragists unite! :wink: )
California Girl

You go girl! Life is beautiful! :D
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

I think I'm drunk on rum and apple cider, because here I am.
California Girl

Good thing you're going away 'cause I'd hate to lose my "gabbiest person on the forum" status! LOL! :lol:
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

I need to shush, I think. :lol: