Undecided Voters

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
bayer40601

Post by bayer40601 »

McCain was part of a group
Yeah, like Goerge Bush is one of the guys. He was Chairman of the Committee, if I'm not mistaken
During the 1990s, while he served as chairman of the International Republican Institute (IRI), McCain distributed several grants to the Palestinian research center co-founded by Khalidi, including one worth half a million dollars.

A 1998 tax filing for the McCain-led group shows a $448,873 grant to Khalidi's Center for Palestine Research and Studies for work in the West Bank.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/2 ... 38606.html
How many more days?
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

bayer40601 wrote:
McCain was part of a group
Yeah, like Goerge Bush is one of the guys. He was Chairman of the Committee, if I'm not mistaken
During the 1990s, while he served as chairman of the International Republican Institute (IRI), McCain distributed several grants to the Palestinian research center co-founded by Khalidi, including one worth half a million dollars.

A 1998 tax filing for the McCain-led group shows a $448,873 grant to Khalidi's Center for Palestine Research and Studies for work in the West Bank.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/2 ... 38606.html
The Huffington Post I'm sure is representing this farely. :roll:

Again, they needed polling data on Palistinians' attitudes towards a number of governmental subjects (democracy, elections, etc).

I'm pretty sure we couldn't just roll up into the West Bank with Gallup or Rasmussen and conduct the poll on our own.

You can twist that all you want - but the fact remains...Why did Obama sit through a going away party for the man, where anti-semetic rhetoric was spewed?

Why do you guys not care about these things?

Ideology.
July 2003 - Honeymoon at The Westin
July 2004 - Glenmar, Gifft Hill
July 2005 - Arco Iris, Fish Bay
December 2007 - Dreamcatcher, GCB
July 2008 - Ellison Villa, VGE
bayer40601

Post by bayer40601 »

The central point is, the group which Sen. McCain chaired gave this fellow $448,000.00, while Sen. Obama attended a going-away dinner for him.

I am greatlly surprised Sen. McCain would permit the giving of nearly 1/2 million dollars to someone associated with the PLO. Do you think G. Gordon Liddy or Oliver North told him it was OK?
How many more days?
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

pjayer

Post by pjayer »

California Girl wrote:Image
:lol: :lol: I tried to warn him. Should I whip out the horse now?
When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Kentucky, because everything there happens 20 years after it happens anywhere else. – Mark Twain
California Girl

The horse would be like icing on the cake! :lol:
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

bayer40601 wrote:The central point is, the group which Sen. McCain chaired gave this fellow $448,000.00, while Sen. Obama attended a going-away dinner for him.

I am greatlly surprised Sen. McCain would permit the giving of nearly 1/2 million dollars to someone associated with the PLO. Do you think G. Gordon Liddy or Oliver North told him it was OK?
Okay, you will never get it - because you are an Obama apologist. Wow, at least I can admit there are things about McCain that bother me! Let me ask you, has Obama ever done anything shady?

They gave that money for POLLING DATA on behalf of a US Gvt. funded project. After Khalidi left the organization, the IRI continued to give money for information.

They did not go to dinner with him and celebrate anti-semetism. If Obama did not get up and walk out when that poem was read, then he has some 'splainin to do.
Last edited by soxfan22 on Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bayer40601

Post by bayer40601 »

I think you're the one who doesn't get it.

When you try to play the "associations: card it blows back in your face, because your guy has just as bad associations as anyone.

Finally, I have nothing to apologize for in Sen. Obama.
How many more days?
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

fair enough, bayer. we'll have to agree to disagree.

enjoy your evening.
linne

Post by linne »

SJ from NJ wrote this:

I'm not too concerned what the rest of the world thinks about the greatest country in the world. If you are, you are free to chose to live where you feel like the government is in the hightest graces of the world community.

BTW who does the world come running to when they are in trouble? France correct?

I just want to tell that when I read such words I'm being depressed.

I like the Americans, I think we European need to be gratefull to them for their help during the World Wars, I support our prime minister, who is good friends with Bush, I don't blame USA or our government that Danish soldiers have been killed in Iraq and in Afghanistan, I know that most people in Denmark have positive feelings for USA, and I defend the Americans if some people are telling me that they are arrogant and don't care about other than themselves.

I hope some of you understand me.

Linne
California Girl

Linne - There are definitely some arrogant people here in the USA... even on this forum. We have a saying here: "Don't let the turkeys get you down!" (turkeys meaning "jerks")

Don't worry, be happy! Most of us aren't so bad! :D
linne

Post by linne »

Don't worry, be happy! Most of us aren't so bad!

No, I know that! I already have regretted my reply, but suddenly I as a European felt hurt - even though I have read words similar that before.

A funny thing is that shortly after, I read in my newspaper about a Canadian Mark Steyn. He had some viewpoints saying that we shouldn’t follow the Muslims and their desire about having a limit for the freedom of expression. I completely agreed with him. A clever man, I thought!

The next I read was that he didn’t think that Obama was the right president for USA, he was afraid that he would be too weak. He also thought that the European should learn from the Americans -, their desire about economic freedom and instinct of self-preservation. UPS! What now! :(

Some people here would be so happy to read this part of the article :) :) .

Linne
California Girl

You see how those two statements contradict what you already think? The same man, two thoughts. You only really agree with one.

That's where I'm at with just about everything. I'm beginning to narrow it down, athough I still waffle hourly! LOL!

Too bad you can't post that article. Do you feel like doing a little translation job? :lol:
sherban

Post by sherban »

linne wrote:Don't worry, be happy! Most of us aren't so bad!

No, I know that! I already have regretted my reply, but suddenly I as a European felt hurt - even though I have read words similar that before.
Linne
Linne- I'm compelled to make a comment here...just so maybe I can share how I respond to external crticism sometimes (not speaking for anyone else, just me).

To me being an American gives me great pride because we are seen as the most powerful and innovative country in the world. And this truly makes me proud and energizes me...I belong to the top team in the world. But as usual, this title comes with a hefty price...one that sometimes embarasses/dissapoints me. My family has been in the Revolutionary war, civil war, WWI, WWII, Korean, etc... We have fought to be number one and we are here.

There are negatives to being on top too...like someone always wants to take your place and you become a target just because you are at the top. Another negative is that tyhere is collateral damage in every fight...the USA has caused alot of collateral damage getting to the top.

What I have been leading up to is this....For me, being an American motivates &, at the same time, requires me to be proud and supportive of who we are... it requires me to become somewhat hardened to outside crticism of our country because others cannot know what it is to be where we are.

Sometimes I also think along the lines of "I don't care what other countries think/say about our chioces"...but I really DO care...it's just that I know the criticism will always come and I also know that there will always be collateral damage getting to be #1. I've gone to some countries in Europe and been cussed at in the street for just being American...wow, I learned something from that. I hardened a little.

Don't take this as anything bad to you, I think you are a great person from everything I have read from you. I just wanted to let you know that sometimes it ain't easy being an American...some of us become hardened one way or another...it's a defense mechanism. I support our leaders and fly our flag. If I don't like my leaders I try to vote in better ones...
Peace- :)
Sherb
linne

Post by linne »

Hi Sherban!

Thank you for your explanation. I fully understand you. As I said, I also meet people, who are negative against the Americans. Some of it is due to envy. And some of it is due to the pride/arrogance, some Americans show, when they are being criticized. I see it as a vicious spiral. If you show your pride of your country too much, other people get hurt; they criticize you, you are being harder etc., etc. . Most people like to think that their country has some value too, that it’s not only USA. Like me. Even though I know that Denmark is a little, insignificant country, I feel, we have some values, I can be proud of. Too example our welfare system. It has some negatives sides, it can be too easy to be lazy (for some years we were a magnet to immigrants, and we still have problems due to that), but I still wouldn’t change it to the American system.

You know, I would vote for Obama. I cannot judge, if he will be a good president, some people think that his attitude to free trade isn’t good for Europe, but I feel that he has a more human and open attitude than we have seen for a while, and I feel that he can change other peoples view of the Americans to the better. This I think will be good for the whole, global world. Except from Poland there is a big majority for Obama in all the European countries and many other countries too. You can of course choose to say I'm not too concerned what the rest of the world thinks about the greatest country in the world, but I’m not sure that’s the best attitude for USA to have all the time.

Linne