into a Web browser:

http://www.boston.com/news/local/articl ... paign=8315

There's no $ sign on a peace of mind, this I've come to know
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

that is fantastic!
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

Most of us don't have a care in the world relative to the people they are trying to serve. The Forum should contact them and offer to help out. There must be something that we can do by pooling our resources. We have so many talented, diverse, and caring people on this site every day. Perhaps we can meet thier guests either at STT or CB and help them get oriented. Driving them from here to there might be needed. There are enough divers on this Forum where we could assist their SUDS program. A person to sit at the bar, drink a beer and just listen is something most of us could do. We're already doing that anyway. :wink: I'm sure that the many people on this Forum who are smarter and more experienced on STJ than me have many other ideas.

We would offer our services when we are there. How about you?

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

ccasebolt

Post by ccasebolt »

That is awesome! I'd love to help too! Ideas anyone?
Chickadee

Post by Chickadee »

I think helping out would be wonderful, but honestly don't have the slightest idea what I could do.

I'd think at the very least, contacting the owners and suggesting they refer people to this board during their trip planning would be nice.

We could, collectively, put together a packet of information, travel tips, websites, printed resource references - in electronic format (maybe even burn it to CD-ROM?)- that the owner could send to the people who stay there. Since one in 5 stays will be gifted, maybe we could purchase some guide books and maps that the owner would send to the guest provided they return them when they make their trip so the owner can send them on to the next guest.

Maybe VIOL could "sponsor" a welcome basket?
Jennifer

California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Chickadee wrote:We could, collectively, put together a packet of information, travel tips, websites, printed resource references - in electronic format (maybe even burn it to CD-ROM?)- that the owner could send to the people who stay there.
How about referring them to RickG's newbie guide? And Robin's restaurant review website? They're already compiled and online!
Since one in 5 stays will be gifted, maybe we could purchase some guide books and maps that the owner would send to the guest provided they return them when they make their trip so the owner can send them on to the next guest.

How about if we funded a couple copies of FF&FWD and Off The Beaten Track to be kept at the villa? Are there hard cover copies available? Hard covers would last through tons of guests!
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

I was thinking maybe we could chip in and get some of the books available here and donate them to the villa.

Maybe someone could contact the owner of the villa and see what their needs are and how we might be able to help?
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

There you go. You have given us several ideas that I never considered.

There must be more ideas out there. Let's hear them.

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

Nic in KC

Post by Nic in KC »

This is a wonderful thing they are doing! I think even chipping in and buying "gift certificates" to St. John Spice or restaurants they could use during their trip would be helpful. It's not like the average military person or firefighter is making tons of money even before they are injured!
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Anyone can get coupons for discounts and free stuff at Coupon St. John. You can download and print them, or they will send you a booklet of coupons. http://www.couponstjohn.com/

Maybe someone could get them involved?

Last bumped by Anonymous on Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:58 am.