The 800 lb. Gorillas in the Election

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

Teresa_Rae wrote:
DaveS007 wrote:
SuefromMA wrote:Soxfan,

You think living in CT is tough, you should live in MA!! ARGH!!
I feel your pain - I'm in NY.

Well there's three for NObama.
Here in Illinois, Chicago elects our public officials and the rest of us don’t have a voice. For example in the 2004 Presidential election, Bush handily won the state of Illinois...outside of Chicago that is. If you omit Cook County from the results, Bush got 54.3% of the vote to Kerry’s 45.1%...a 9.2% margin of victory...but all you ever hear is that Illinois is a blue state...but it is not...it is a red state with one really big blue city. It is extremely frustrating to have your vote not matter. I think a lot of conservatives don't even bother to vote in Illinois because they know that they can't overcome the Chicago machine.
Don't give up hope, I have lived in a red state all my life that may turn blue. At least for this election. Go VA!
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

I moved from a blue state (Michigan) to THE bell-weather state (Ohio) to a very red state (Tennessee). That's been interesting.

I have been talking about the Bradley Effect since the primaries. I know they say it didn't affect Harold Ford, but having been here in TN, I think it did. In fact, my blog was quoted in the New York Times' election coverage on that race. Whenever I see Obama's poll numbers, I think about Ford and the Bradley Effect.

I'm sure Michigan wouldn't be as Democratic if it weren't for Detroit. But frankly, that's the only thing Detroit's got going for it these days.
bayer40601

Post by bayer40601 »

Here is a link to an article (blog) about the Bradley Effect for those who might be interested.

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/2008/08/ ... ffect.html
How many more days?
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
bayer40601

Post by bayer40601 »

I wonder whet the "Acorn Effect" will have on the election. Thier efforts in Ohio, Nevada, and other battleground states has come into question recently.
In my opinion, not as much effect as many Conservatives would like for it to have.
How many more days?
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

A blurb from that article I found amusing:
Davis estimated there may be around 1,000 questionable registration cards in her office she can attribute to ACORN.

"They're stamped ACORN," she said. "They say ACORN right on them. We're not guessing."
This is the group that Obama has actually represented in a court of law.
July 2003 - Honeymoon at The Westin
July 2004 - Glenmar, Gifft Hill
July 2005 - Arco Iris, Fish Bay
December 2007 - Dreamcatcher, GCB
July 2008 - Ellison Villa, VGE
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED

Last bumped by Anonymous on Mon Dec 25, 2023 1:25 am.