Palin...are you freakin' kidding?!

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

Palin...are you freakin' kidding?!

Post by Pete (Mr. Marcia) »

Are you kidding?

When I watch sports, I look on in awe because I can't do what they can do. When I watch Palin, I have no sense of awe. I'm smarter than that "gal." (That was me using Palin folksy talk.) And, I'm not that smart.

What a freakin' idiot. She would make a great school board member, not our potential president.
Wisconsin, smell the dairy air
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

Funny, I thought she was outstanding tonight. Frankly, Joe looks like he needs a nap.

I guess it all depends on your political ideology. :wink:
July 2003 - Honeymoon at The Westin
July 2004 - Glenmar, Gifft Hill
July 2005 - Arco Iris, Fish Bay
December 2007 - Dreamcatcher, GCB
July 2008 - Ellison Villa, VGE
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

You don't disappoint.

Imagine that "folksy gal" dealing with heads of state of other governments.

You won't admit it, but you know that it would not be good.
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

I actually think she would be a great, tough representative of our country.

Obama, on the other hand, will meet with AHHHK-Ma-DinejAAD on his first day...Just like when Neville Chaimberlain of England went to meet with Hitler in 1938 - afterwards proclaiming, "I have negotiated a deal with Hitler that will ensure peace!!!!!".

How did that work out?

Your folksy comment is immature and condescending. It takes all types of people from all different backgrounds (even folksy)...I thought liberals were inclusive and tolerant?

She wiped the floor with him tonight, and I loved every minute of it.

I could hear Katie Couric in the background...."C'mon Gwen!!! Ask her what papers she reads!?!?!?!?".
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

I kind of figured you for one of those who thought that the extermination of the jews never happened...so, I am amused by your Hitler negotiation reference.

My comment about her being "folksy" was not immature. It was obvious that she was trained by her handlers to make sure she came across that way. Duh.

C'mon. If she were the Dem VP, you'd be kick'n her ass for being so damn stupid.
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

Pete (Mr. Marcia) wrote:I kind of figured you for one of those who thought that the extermination of the jews never happened....
What? My stomach turned when I read your thoughtless words.

And yesterday, I was excoriated on this board for making a joking reference to Oprah.
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

soxfan22 wrote:
Pete (Mr. Marcia) wrote:I kind of figured you for one of those who thought that the extermination of the jews never happened....
What? My stomach turned when I read your thoughtless words.

And yesterday, I was excoriated on this board for making a joking reference to Oprah.
Don't tell Marcia that I said this, as she might expect me to say the same to her at some point, but I am sorry. I am.

I don't agree with you about anything political. But, how odd, I'd bet we'd have a good time pushing back a few at the Beach Bar.

My apologies. (Not that this excuses my bad behavior, but I had a trial today that never happened. I was all geared up for a fight, cross-exam, etc...and for reasons too stupid to explain, it got put off to another day. I have a dog, but he's too young to kick. So, I guess you got that. And, given our past, well, I kicked you. My bad)

I hope that you will excuse my poor behavior.
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

Pete- I am in your corner.

I will make my one comment and then run away (Really, I am leaving for Maine in a few hours)

I find it ironic that those that say that Obama is too inexperienced to lead the country are comfortable with have Palin one heartbeat away from the Presidency.

I found the debate very interesting, but to say that she wiped the floor with him is just ridiculous. There was no clear winner politically. People will form their own opinion based on their own views, but as the woman that sits next to me (Independent and undecided) just said "That debate did not help me make a decision at all"

Play nice kids, booze at the Beach Bar, warm tropical sun and sand, and soft Caribbean breezes is what we should all be voting for! :lol:
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

Xislandgirl wrote:Pete- I am in your corner.
Look obviously I accept Pete's apology. I am the leader of the pack around here as far as saying things that ruffle people's feathers. So thanks Pete - and sorry to hear about your rough day. I hope you have a great Friday!

But island girl - my beef is with you. After my joking Oprah comment yesterday, you were the one who was repulsed the most.

Your quote:

I thought this thread should remain open, but this comment has just sent me over the edge. Please close this thread Anthony, it is just nasty and mean at this point.

Not so much outrage when a member is compared to a nazi sympathizer.

I just don't get you.
CariBert

Post by CariBert »

Awww, now Dog Gone it folks! There ya go again! I happen to like Sara.....it's about time somebody who represents the majority of us simple working folk got to speak up in public.

Having said that, I am really tired of the campaign promises.....mostly of the Obama camp, but with both sides really....they are gonna change everything! But they never, ever say HOW they are going to change everything. Truth is, they (as one person) cannot change anything without the consent and approval of a bunch more people - in the House, in the Senate..

Anyway, Sara, you go girl! And I find it hard to believe that any of us simple, home grown folks wouldn't like Sara just a little bit..... :) :)

Happy Friday!

-Berrt

The liver is evil, it must be punished!

Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

soxfan22 wrote:
Xislandgirl wrote:Pete- I am in your corner.
Look obviously I accept Pete's apology. I am the leader of the pack around here as far as saying things that ruffle people's feathers. So thanks Pete - and sorry to hear about your rough day. I hope you have a great Friday!

But island girl - my beef is with you. After my joking Oprah comment yesterday, you were the one who was repulsed the most.

Your quote:

I thought this thread should remain open, but this comment has just sent me over the edge. Please close this thread Anthony, it is just nasty and mean at this point.

Not so much outrage when a member is compared to a nazi sympathizer.

I just don't get you.
You certainly don't get me, my being in Pete's corner had nothing to do with you being compared to a Nazi sympathizer, it was in response to this quote "I don't agree with you about anything political. But, how odd, I'd bet we'd have a good time pushing back a few at the Beach Bar. "

I would NEVER attack someone like that and I offer you a heartfelt apology if that is how you took my support of Pete.
I was simply agreeing that we can all disagree on many levels but still agree on our love of the islands.
Again, please accept my apology of you were offended, it was the furthest thing from my mind.
LC

Post by LC »

I personally find it refreshing to have a candidate who doesn't spout out canned, pre-planned answers ad nauseum - and understands that regular working class people are tired of the cliched slick politicians.
jmq

Post by jmq »

A fairly well balanced analysis here:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 256&s_pos=

And a good non-partisan fact check here:

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008 ... ebate.html
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

When I envision our leaders, I envision intelligent, bright people...people who, when you look at their background and body of service, make you say to yourself, "wow."

When I see Sarah Palin I say, "man, she reminds me of the annoying mom at my kid's soccer game who won't shut up."

Indeed, she is an everyday, normal person. To me, that's not a qualification for the office she seeks.