Need help with gift idea for friend having hip surgery

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
luvinsun

Post by luvinsun »

I had a total hip replacement 16 years ago. I would have loved an edible arrangement!!! They didn't have those back then. I appreciated movies, dinner (since I couldn't cook), puzzles (helped to pass the time when i had to get up and walk). If I was doing it now, I probably would like DVD's of TV series that I can never see b/c I'm working.

I hope your friend does well with her surgery. They are no where near as invasive as they were when I had mine done (now I need another one). My scar is 2 ft. long, now I think they are like 6 inches! But the recovery time is almost the same.

Good luck,
Tami
Image[/url]
Laura T

Post by Laura T »

I ordered the fruit for delivery this week...I know she will love it. Thanks again!
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

You have to report back after she gets it! :D
sailorgirl

Post by sailorgirl »

A really soft fleece throw or blanket which she can curl up under while recouperating
Nancy_B

Post by Nancy_B »

Laura, what did you end up gifting? Another good idea is really good tea or coffee (that is if she's a tea or coffee drinker). I love the tea from www.teavana.com

I hope the surgery went well.
NancyB
Laura T

Post by Laura T »

I did go with the fruit arrangement and she loved it. She said that she didn't have much of an appetite after the surgery and the fruit was about all she could tolerate.

She also said her husband wasn't the best putting together any type of meal and getting her fed while she recovered, so the fruit was greatly appreciated.

Thanks again to all for all the great ideas.
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Neat! It turned out to be a great gift, then! :D

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sat Jul 08, 2023 4:26 am.