DELETED

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
DELETED

Rancho Mirage

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

I don't know anything about timeshares, but I can tell you that Rancho Mirage is absolutely gorgeous if you like desert (which I do). But being desert, you have to choose your time of the year carefully. Right now it's 120 out there. In the winter it's freezing. If you go in April or May it would be fabulous, flowers everywhere and blue, blue skies! If you're just going for the free trip, great. If you plan to buy a timeshare it wouldn't be a bad place to do so! :D
promoguy

Post by promoguy »

It's a great property and I guess one could call if the upscale town of the towns around Palm Springs. Very good restaurants in the area also.

But as CG says probably best time to go would be April or May. Any earlier and you'll have to speak with a Canadian accent to be understood. If we hit that area we tend to go in begining of May.

For a side trip try the Hyatt in Palm Desert. Now that's a hot property.

Oh, don't go over Easter Weekend or during the Dinah Shore LPGA tournament. Right CG :D
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Diana2

Post by Diana2 »

Are you kidding.........I'd go in a heartbeat!! We love Palm Springs and go every year in February. I agree with the others that the ideal time to go is March, April or May. I've never been in the fall but I would guess October or November would also be a good time.
California Girl

Diana - You're right about October, but by November it's getting really cold out there --- at night anyway. We camped in Anza Borrego (just south of P.S.) in November and we left our water outside and woke up to a big ice cube! :D
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
California Girl

Cold to me is in the low 30's. :D Brrrr!
promoguy

Post by promoguy »

Wow, low thirties.......mid 40's is kind of doing the brrrrr thing with me.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
California Girl

promoguy wrote:Wow, low thirties.......mid 40's is kind of doing the brrrrr thing with me.
Ya know.... I thought about that after I posted it. 40's is actually what I call cold, but I know it gets down to the 30's in the desert at night.

SJ - You'd do fine playing golf in Rancho Mirage... just don't go in the summer. 8)

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sun Jul 09, 2023 1:26 pm.