Funny where you wind up meeting St John Lovers...

Travel discussion for St. John
Pat

Funny where you wind up meeting St John Lovers...

Post by Pat »

I met a couple this weekend at a craft fair at the Jersey Shore. They were displaying their St. John inspired pottery and I commented to a friend that the turtle dish reminded me of St John. Pam, the artist, heard me and we traded stories about our visits to the island. They love it so much they went 4x in less than a year!! Small world isn't it...
Her pottery is very nice and is dishwasher, microwave and food safe. Her email is sedia@epix.net (in case you want to give a shout out). :lol: :lol:
Tracy in WI

Post by Tracy in WI »

That's funny Pat - We were at our local Art Fair on the Square here in Madison, WI yesterday and saw some island photographs which were stunning. We ended up buying three, one each of Maho Bay, Cinnamon Bay, and Honeymoon Bay! The artist was quite jealous of our recent trip!

Tracy
LMarie

Post by LMarie »

Hey Pat,

Do you know if Pam has a website for her pottery? Which beach at the Jersey Shore was the art show? We usually hit the Spring Block Party in Ocean City and there was pottery there last year that reminded us of SJU. Wonder if it's the same person. Thanks for the email!
LMarie
LysaC

Post by LysaC »

We went to a party on Saturday and saw a guy we see maybe twice a year. Really nice guy. Last we heard he was dating a lady from Texas.

Low and behold- him anmd his lady had just returned from a STJ wedding on Hawksnest Beach... and they totally GOT IT! He said that once he stepped foot on the dock, he felt at home.

The crazy part is, they went into this not really knowing anything about STJ. It just looked "right" for them.

I was so freakin' jealous!
Jo Ann - VA

Post by Jo Ann - VA »

We went to a 4th of July celebration last week and my husband had a St John shirt on. One guys came up and said it was his favorite island. Another couple came up and said they were there for their honeymoon last year and totally loved it. We talked for a long time about our mutual love for the island. They felt like old friends!

STJ lovers are everywhere!
Jo Ann
Always planning the next vacation...
Pat

Post by Pat »

I love it when you connect with total strangers over a common bond like "St John". The enthusiasm is contagious and you do feel like you've made a new friend.

Unfortunately Under the Sea Pottery doesn't have a website. The craft show was on the boardwalk at Wildwood NJ. She will be there again in two weeks.
I plan to bike over and check out more of her items.
There were a few large serving plates with flip flops on them. :wink: