Daysail/Powerboat charter for group of 7????

Travel discussion for St. John
lbrlwyr

Daysail/Powerboat charter for group of 7????

Post by lbrlwyr »

I was wondering if anyone had any good suggestions for daysail/powerboat charter that could accommodate a group of 7 for a day trip to Jost?? It seems like most of those previously mentioned (flyaway, palm tree charters, lion in da sun, etc) will only carry 6 people.

Also -- we are looking to hit the Bubbly pool, sandy spit/cay and white bay all in one day -- can this be done in a sailboat/cat?? Or are we likely going to be limited to powerboats?

Thanks in advance,
Eric
BPT

Post by BPT »

It's too much ground to cover in a sailboat. Especially if you want to see Bubbly Pool, Sandy Cay etc. I'd recommend getting your own power boat with Ocean Runner and hiring one of their captains. I'm sure it would financially work in your favor with that many people too. The huge advantage is that you go where you want to go & when. On your schedule. BTW - we've had lunch at "Taboo" back by Bubbly Pool a couple times in recent trips and really loved it.
CariBert

Post by CariBert »

One thing you might want to make note of. During the summer months, the Bubbly Pool is not very "bubbly". It really rocks in the winter when the storms roll through the Atlantic.
If you go in July or August, you might see a Fizzily Pool. Foxy's Taboo is a great place to have lunch, just get there early, they tend to run out of food and they only get it in once a day. Last time we were there, it was around 1:30ish, ordered four hamburgers, and they only had two.....

-Bert
The liver is evil, it must be punished!

Nancy_B

Post by Nancy_B »

We just used Born to Rhumb with Capt. Kevin for our group of 7. He had come highly recommended from several other forumites and I agree! He and his mate, Genie (normally, Stephanie), were awesome! His boat was a very smooth ride - much smoother than the Ocean Runner boats. Our day was snorkel at the caves after check in in Soper's Hole. Then, Sandy Key, Foxy's and ended the day with White Bay (Soggy Dollar). It was wonderful!
NancyB
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

We had a great experience with Pirate's Penny (granted its been awhile - 2003)!

Also, Stormy Petrel which is the same group.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
pswlrw

Post by pswlrw »

I second NancyB's suggestion of Captain Kevin, Stephanie and Born to Rhumb. It's always the highlight of our vacation!! NancyB - so glad you had a great time!
Paula

dark & diet

Post by dark & diet »

we had a group of 10 with capt kevin in born to rhumb and had a wonderful time. took us to snorkle the caves and then on to jost for lunch and more painkillers from what i remember. he was great and very informative about all things island! we've also used oceanrunner with 7 and had an equally good, but much more uncensored time. you won't be disappointed either way.
"the salty air soothes her soul"
lbrlwyr

Post by lbrlwyr »

Thanks for all the great suggestions (particularly the tip about the bubbly pool).

Eric
Henry

Post by Henry »

We've done Pirates Penny last couple of years, but had 10 or 11. A bit more ($) than oceanrunner which we also do each year. Oceanrunner 28ft will allow 10 guest, 9 if you want the captain ($100 extra + tip) We enjoy it.