Show Your Pet!

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Marcia (Mrs. Pete) wrote: he likes to put his head over my calf when we get cozy on his favorite couch. I was reading, he was napping, the fire was roaring and all was good with the world.
There's nuthin' better than mom's lap! :D
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Post by Marcia (Mrs. Pete) »

California Girl wrote:
Marcia (Mrs. Pete) wrote: he likes to put his head over my calf when we get cozy on his favorite couch. I was reading, he was napping, the fire was roaring and all was good with the world.
There's nuthin' better than mom's lap! :D
I'm looking forward to December 26th. After all of the Hoopla of Christmas is over, it will be time to do just as we did that day. Chill on the couch and read and nap and snuggle. I'm a tad annoyed that I didn't get that time with him this weekend.
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Missing St. John. As always.
sasky

Post by sasky »

Lots of beagle love on this board! I have a beagle named Barkley. He's 14 years old and we've had him since he was 8 weeks.

Here he is this past summer, sitting around the campfire with daddy:

You can usually find him hanging out in bed:

Sometimes he wears a hat:

But he doesn't always enjoy it:

This is him doing his best Snoopy impersonation:

He's my buddy:
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Barkley is awesome! I particularly like his Snoopy impression! :D
Jan&MikeVa

Post by Jan&MikeVa »

All these pics are WONDERFUL!!! I'll have to dig some of mine up. We're down to one 17 year old cat, Ben. He's on his last legs...........

Marcia.........Ben LIVES for us to have some time to curl up on the couch with him. I don't know who enjoys it more, us or him!
luvinsun

Post by luvinsun »

just had to add in my own snoozer. This was my sweet Jack (who passed away in January at 6 months old), enjoying a well deserved snooze on my lap! He loved when I got the blanket out, he was always right there to relax!
Tami
Image[/url]
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

How devastating to lose your sweet boy so young. What were his symptoms? Did he seem fine and then suddenly get sick?

One of my cats got really sick about a week after I got him. He was 9 or 10 weeks old at the time. He had reacted to his vaccines and if I hadn't rushed him to the emergency vet on a Sunday night he would have died. The first few days were very touch and go...he was on IVs at the vet and his fever was brain-damage high. I was devastated at the thought of losing him, and I had only adopted him a week prior. Thank God he pulled through and 4-plus years later he remains a wonderful part of our family.

I lost a 4-month old kitten about 15 years ago and I'm still not over it, so I can imagine what it was like for you to lose Jack. I'm so sorry.
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
cass

Post by cass »

JJ bundled up in his favorite blanket.

JJ with his Christmas bandana.

He is old and droopy eyed! I figure he is about 13 years old. He was adopted.
"The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears or the sea." -Isak Dinesen
luvinsun

Post by luvinsun »

Teresa_Rae wrote:How devastating to lose your sweet boy so young. What were his symptoms? Did he seem fine and then suddenly get sick?

One of my cats got really sick about a week after I got him. He was 9 or 10 weeks old at the time. He had reacted to his vaccines and if I hadn't rushed him to the emergency vet on a Sunday night he would have died. The first few days were very touch and go...he was on IVs at the vet and his fever was brain-damage high. I was devastated at the thought of losing him, and I had only adopted him a week prior. Thank God he pulled through and 4-plus years later he remains a wonderful part of our family.

I lost a 4-month old kitten about 15 years ago and I'm still not over it, so I can imagine what it was like for you to lose Jack. I'm so sorry.
Thanks Teresa, I really appreciate that. It was very devastating to lose him. I had just lost my 17 year old kitty, Toni, about 4 months beforehand, so I was just heartbroken. Jack was fine when I adopted him. My husband and I picked him (or he picked us) together. We got him in October of 2007, and around Christmas time, I noticed that he wasn't playing as much. He was sleeping an awful lot, and just not doing much of anything. I took him to the vet after the first of the year, and the vet took one look at him and knew that his organs were failing. He was jaundiced (I never noticed it -- i've never been through anything like that before), his gums and inside his eyes were yellow. they took blood, and they put him on some anti-biotics and hoped for the best. After a week of the anti-biotics, and the blood work came back, we knew he had FIP. We lost him on January 21, 2008. I was so sad for this sweet little boy who I had grown so close to in such a short period of time. He would follow me everywhere! Thanks so much for your kind words, it really means a lot. I miss him and my other kitty, Toni so much!!!
Tami
Image[/url]
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Post by Marcia (Mrs. Pete) »

sasky wrote:Lots of beagle love on this board! I have a beagle named Barkley. He's 14 years old and we've had him since he was 8 weeks.

This is him doing his best Snoopy impersonation:
Funny, I just taught Butkus to "SPEAK" last night. There is nothing quite like a beagle howl. I love the howl. He's a very quiet dog, very little barking/howling so I thought it would be fun to teach him to use his voice. I may rue this decision later but it was so much fun. Barkley looks like a wonderful companion. It's good to see that they do grow into their ears eventually. :)
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Missing St. John. As always.
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

This is my friend Ashley with my cat Portia in her halloween costume. Portia doesn't like halloween costumes.

Margy Z

Post by Margy Z »

This is Snow, our 7 year old Maltese Mix rescue.

He came to us through NorthCentral Maltese Rescue when he was 5 and had been given up by his loving family because a new pet-free condo was more important to them than he was. He was born in a puppy mill and they bought him at a pet shop.

This is how he looked when we brought him home - shaved down to the skin because he came into rescue so filthy and matted, but still playful and a valiant little guy, although very hand-shy because his "family" seemingly had whacked him around. Can't imagine what high crimes he committed to deserve that treatment but, thankfully, his family did the right thing in the end by turning him over to rescue and he made his way to us.

This is our Snow-Man today. He is the best little guy and a total snuggle bug. You might think he is one spoiled little guy, and you would be right!

- Margy
cass

Post by cass »

Margy, he is beautiful!
"The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears or the sea." -Isak Dinesen
Maryanne

Post by Maryanne »

We had our first snow overnight. Our little Yorkie normally goes down to the grass to do his business...but he wasn't having any of that today.

jigzmom

Post by jigzmom »

YAY! A pet thread! I love showing off my baby. This is Jigger, Jigz for short (hence "jigzmom"), he is a 12-year-old, blind Jack Russell terrier. He's been totally blind since he was about six, he had a genetic disease and both eyes had to be removed and replaced with glass ones. That was the year our vacation was cancelled!!

Here he is last Christmas with one of his toys:

This is a few years ago, showing off his new coat in the season's first snowfall: