Show Your Pet!

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
NIKKI

Post by NIKKI »

They get everywhere those 2 on the floor attacking your toes in your hair we have learnt to keep and
eye out at all times.
Connie

Post by Connie »

This is Tiki, the banana hating, crazy knock of over the rocking chair, chase you when you don't play anymore nut.
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
cass

Post by cass »

Connie, that looks like one wild and crazy cat!! Is he panting?
"The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears or the sea." -Isak Dinesen
Connie

Post by Connie »

Tiki was meowing at me at that point.

Sorry the picture is so big....I don't know how make it smaller.

He's laying on our rocking chair. This is the same rocking chair, that he will start out running in the kitchen, through the dining room jump up on the back of the chair and knock it over. We have to actually put the rocking chair against a wall when we know he's in that mood.

Tiki also likes to go for rides.
Jump in neighbors cars (he's been driven away and driven back to our house.
I have to put him in the house if I'm doing gardening work because he constantly stalks me and jumps on my back.
He sneaks in peoples houses and they find him sleeping in their beds.
He walks around our gutters, and he likes it.
He's followed me 4 blocks to a pharmacy, which I actually had to pick him up and take him in because it was on a busy street.
Friends and family come to visit Tiki more then they come to visit us.

This cat is like no other cat we have had and we've had alot. We just never know what he's going to do.
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Connie - Tiki is a real character! I think I love him! :lol:
luvinsun

Post by luvinsun »

I wanted to show you all my kitty cats. My very first kitty (as a kitty parent) Toni died in September of 07, she was 17 years old. I was absolutely heartbroken. We got her right after we got married. This was my Toni:

Then we got Jack about a month after Toni died. Jack was sick from the very moment he came to live with us. We rescued him from a shelter and didn't know that he had FIP. He died in January of this year, he was just 6 months old. Again my heart was broken for this poor sweet kitty who I barely got to know. This is Jack.

Now we have Tasha and Roxy. Tasha is my 13 year old kitty, she was just diagnosed with hyper-thyroidism and is currently on medication. Roxy just turned one year old in September. We got her in May. She is such a joy to have around! Here's a pic of Tasha and Roxy:
And of Roxy:

We don't have any kids of our own, so thanks for letting me share my "furry kids".
Tami
Image[/url]
California Girl

luvinsun - great pictures! We have a kitty named Jack, too. I'm sorry to hear about your losses, but it's so great that your kitties had a good home while they were on Earth! :)

We lost our kitty, Bob, in April at the age of 15. I know what you mean about being heartbroken. But we adopted Jack & Toby (brothers) and our house is full of furry love again! :D
Agent99

Post by Agent99 »

This was taken a couple of summers ago after a hard day at play. #2 son fell asleep on the couch and Plato decided there was room for two.

luvinsun

Post by luvinsun »

CG - thanks... I guess Christmas time makes me think about lots of things, and I just needed to share my stories. You are right though, our house is again filled with furry love! I love coming home from work and they both come running! It just melts away the stress of the day.

Agent99 - what a great picture!!!
Tami
Image[/url]
jmq

Post by jmq »

When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide
Agent99

Post by Agent99 »

What a sweetie jmq. Is he/she about 6 or 7 mos? Our collie pictured above is going to be 14 this Feb. We have another tri-color (looking for a good pic) who will be 6. Seems like yesterday when they were pups.....just like the kids!
luvinsun

Post by luvinsun »

what a sweetie JMQ. Love the first picture!
Tami
Image[/url]
jmq

Post by jmq »

Thats our Sheltie pup Vinnie. He is 8 months old now. He is currently 20 lbs. and wont get much bigger. We got him after our other Sheltie Sandy passed suddenly in June.
Forgot how much work a puppy is, plus he will not be as mellow as our other one. Would be nice if he slept past 7:30 at least once on the weekend! Bringing him with us up to Boston in a couple of weeks. We'll see how well he travels. Sandy was a great traveler - this guy could be trouble...
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide
Agent99

Post by Agent99 »

We got him after our other Sheltie Sandy passed suddenly in June.
Oh, he looks so much like our collie pups did that I thought he was one. There's no better way, IMO, to help to heal the broken heart from the loss of a beloved pet than to bring a new little life home. Pups and kittens bring so much joy into a home! And a lot of work, too! Have a ball
California Girl

jmq - That first picture looks like a Purina ad! They're both precious pictures!!